As well as childminding I want to include overnight care and babysitting option..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    In regi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default As well as childminding I want to include overnight care and babysitting option..

is there anything extra I need to do other than the normal policies and procedures?
    Jane x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: As well as childminding I want to include overnight care and babysitting option..

Babysitting is a different thing to minding and as far as I know that's just something you do in your own time...

For overnight care there are regulations about smoke alarms, fire escapes during the night, keeping children in your hearing at all times...and probably more.

I would give Ofsted a ring and ask them to confirm

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: As well as childminding I want to include overnight care and babysitting option..

I am doing the ICP course at the moment, and one of our class asked that question last week. We were told that to have children overnight we would have to be registered as foster carers. I dont know if different areas have different policies though, this was for the South Wales area.

In regi
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats strange isnt it. I just thought of doing it as a service for people that work nights.

Will just have to wait and ask at my ICP on Wednesday. Thanks
    Jane x

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We dont have to be registered as foster carers for overnight stays.... i've never heard of this? Is it just in a certain area?

Im registered for overnight stays, just look at the standards on overnight care, as long as you meet the requirements there should be no problem

x
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

process if registration
    Post Thanks / Like

hi im still waiting for my certificate to arrive but i have been told i can look after 1 child under 5 overnight (havent got the room for anymore as i dont want to use my kids bedrooms )

leanne x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lishylee View Post
    hi im still waiting for my certificate to arrive but i have been told i can look after 1 child under 5 overnight (havent got the room for anymore as i dont want to use my kids bedrooms )

leanne x
    That's great news Leanne... when do you start do you think?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm registered for over night care for one child aged 2 + but as yet have had no enquiries xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

JUNE 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

No overnight care in this house i like the evenings to myself and family.
    Also i have no room for any more my 5 bedrooms are fully occupied

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I am reg for it - see standards and no need to be reg as foster carers - I think your tutors need to do ICP course.

Celine

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cornetjo View Post
    I am doing the ICP course at the moment, and one of our class asked that question last week. We were told that to have children overnight we would have to be registered as foster carers. I dont know if different areas have different policies though, this was for the South Wales area.
    Not as far as I know as I have been registered for overnight care as a childminder not a foster carer
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

registered in nov 2007
    Post Thanks / Like

hi
    i am registered to have 2 children overnight......
    and i didnt have to register as a foster carer, must just be in that area????
    as long as you have the space you should be ok??
    i havent had any enquires yet??
    good luck xx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't register for overnight care because I don't want to do it plus I don't have a spare bedroom.

I do babysitting though which I just do on the side nothing to do with my childminding.