Come on Tatia spill the beans ..........
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Come on Tatia spill the beans ..........

How do we all make T-shirt bags on Earth Day??? I am inspired by this idea and thinking of getting fabric paint so children can individualize (it that a made up word ) them.

Come on girl don't hold out on us
    Buttons xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Come on Tatia spill the beans ..........

Are you sure its just the one you have had hun?
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey1 View Post
    Are you sure its just the one you have had hun?
    No still just the one. Until the inconsiderate swine who has parked across MY drive moves, and I can pull MY car up MY drive it will have to stay at 1.

T-shirt talk is on this thread http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...ead.php?t=4407
    Buttons xx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure that there's a thread on here about t-shirt bags, pullover leggings, tights tea strainers and tea bag knee pads - unless I dreamt it! Can't find it at the moment though, it was probably Tatia who put it on I would guess.

They look really, really good - the t-shirt bags that is - I made the others up! Naughty me!

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lorri View Post
    I'm sure that there's a thread on here about t-shirt bags, pullover leggings, tights tea strainers and tea bag knee pads - unless I dreamt it! Can't find it at the moment though, it was probably Tatia who put it on I would guess.

They look really, really good - the t-shirt bags that is - I made the others up! Naughty me!

All sounded perfectly feasible to me
    Buttons xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry, I've just seen this thread! My husband worked from home over the week end and I didn;t get much chance to use the computer. I was looking down the list of topics and saw my name and got all excited, lol.

T-shirt bags are really easy. You cut the sleeves off at the seam so you make a muscle shirt sort of look, if you know what I mean? You don't have to hem it because they will just roll up. Then you cut the neck out just enough to make it square. You do have to sew the bottom of the shirt closed with a strong stitch. I'm not sure hemming tape would work if you were using the bags for canned goods or squash bottles.

I'll tell ya what, I'm making some this week and I'll take step-by-step pictures as a tutorial. I'm gonna do some kiddie t-shirts, too to give to my nieces as handbags.

I want to make enough for all my grocery shopping as well as to do some story sacks (instead of draw string bags or pilow cases).
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tatia View Post
    I'm so sorry, I've just seen this thread! My husband worked from home over the week end and I didn;t get much chance to use the computer. I was looking down the list of topics and saw my name and got all excited, lol.

T-shirt bags are really easy. You cut the sleeves off at the seam so you make a muscle shirt sort of look, if you know what I mean? You don't have to hem it because they will just roll up. Then you cut the neck out just enough to make it square. You do have to sew the bottom of the shirt closed with a strong stitch. I'm not sure hemming tape would work if you were using the bags for canned goods or squash bottles.

I'll tell ya what, I'm making some this week and I'll take step-by-step pictures as a tutorial. I'm gonna do some kiddie t-shirts, too to give to my nieces as handbags.

I want to make enough for all my grocery shopping as well as to do some story sacks (instead of draw string bags or pilow cases).
    Trying to picture this ............ So are the arm holes your handles?
    Buttons xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Look at the picture in the thread called Earth Day. I just bumped it to the top of Activities forum.
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?