Penfriends - anyone still writing to them?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Penfriends - anyone still writing to them?

These threads about penfriends has made me curious!

Is anyone still writing to the penfriends I organised months ago?

If so, do you think it's beneficial? Do the children enjoy it? How often do you write? What do you talk about and have you sent anything to each other? Have they spoken on the phone? Have they learnt anything?

My Ofsted inspector was really impressed with the penfriend arrangement! Even more so when she read the article I'd written in a c/m mag about it! Ha!

I'm just being curious!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Penfriends - anyone still writing to them?

I for one thought it was a fab idea Lorri

We have a folder with all of our letters pictures in and the children love looking through it and seeing all the different postcards from different parts of the country and are curious to know there are other children out there with childminders too

We were very good at one point with our letters but I have to admit we have not done any for a while but June has been going through a lot of late and Emler is not minding at the moment plus all my own bad news so at the moment we are not writing

The children write about themselves and what they are doing here etc
    They draw / paint pictures and send them
    They sometimes send small gifts and we have also received some lovely things back

We are going to start writing again at some point though because the children keep asking about it lately

Angel xxx

Registered Childminder since
    May 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 5
    Post Thanks / Like

We loved it! My mindees loved writing & sending pics etc & were really excited when we received letters & little gifts. The younger ones loved taking them to the post office to send them too.
    We also kept a folder with the letters in them so we could look back at them.

Angel - Emma would still love to write to your mindees & send pics. She often draws a picture & says we can send that to our penpals in England It just might not be so interesting for your kids that they are only getting a letter from one child!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emler View Post
    We loved it! My mindees loved writing & sending pics etc & were really excited when we received letters & little gifts. The younger ones loved taking them to the post office to send them too.
    We also kept a folder with the letters in them so we could look back at them.

Angel - Emma would still love to write to your mindees & send pics. She often draws a picture & says we can send that to our penpals in England It just might not be so interesting for your kids that they are only getting a letter from one child!!!
    Oh you tell Emma to write away my one little boy would love that

Also I received your card this morning thank you - tell Emma thank you too I want some of her cards ha ha ha ha

Angel xxx