grr smoking outside of school
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default grr smoking outside of school

sorry for the moan , just got home from the school run & ds' hair stinks of smoke from parents standing next to his pushchair smoking at the school gates.

I can't move the pushchair away as there's no other space for it but there's plenty of room for her to step a few feet a way rather than smoking right over him, or better still wait for 5 mins until she's walking home.

Luckily mindee was fast asleep with the pushchair hood up so doesn't smell but poor ds reeks of it

Registered Childminder since
    july 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: grr smoking outside of school

speak to the school they have a duty to protect your children from this, our school is a non smoking site so this includes the pavement out side the gates , our school is on the same site as the lesuire centre and has a public car park and foot path running through it , they had a big thing a couple of years ago where parents dropping of children in cars were smoking , and they got people to stop them and ask politley if they could wait till they were of the site ,sent letters home etc, and it seemed to work , now there are signs at all the access points (footpaths etc) telling people that they are entering a no smoke zone and to extinguish there cigarettes before going any further and it works

aly Guest

I cant stand it...youwalk pass people smoking outsideour school.

I did a bootsale last week and people were coming over and smoking...I had baby clothes I was TRYING to sell...!!

Dont get me wrong I am an ex-smoker but think its wrong to breathe over everyone whilst still smoking!!

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

That would really annoy me, its bad enough when people blow smoke in your face but to do it to a baby/child is disgusting!

I would make a big point of coughing and wafting the smoke away lol..maybe a hint will work

x
    Nannying at moment..

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

You need my dd who when she was about 9/10 would say very loudly 'that's disgusting' and cough like mad. To be fair she still coughs very loudly and she's 14 now.