Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default debate on childcare

just seen `The big questions` on bbc 1 is about to have a debate on wether theres too much interference in childcare ---mentioned ofsted -- should be interesting . mr or mrs ofsted might even be there

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: debate on childcare

I saw that too this morn. I agree with the fact that parents should have the final say about what happens with their children, not being told what to do by the government. You got me started now, and I'm supposed to be cleaning my windows lol.
    Julie X X

Post Thanks / Like

Oh missed it - was it interesting?

Miffy xx

Sept 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

didnt watch all of it was rushing out but the general tone was the worlds gone stark staring mad there wasnt anyone from ofstead from what i saw or anyone speaking on behalf of childminders the 2 mums who were co minding were on though and seemed to have lots of support from the audience .

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught the end if it and most people agreed that the government have taking things too far and that the parents are losing the right to parent as they see fit. Parents know their child best and are losing confidence in their abilities.

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to see if I can watch it on catch up tv!
    x
    Nannying at moment..

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched it with interest and agree that the world has gone mad, it would of been good if ofsted had been there, I agree that the parents should have the final say who looks after their children.

TheBTeam Guest

I agree with the fact that there should not be unregistered childminders making a living from looking after children, but think that an arrangement between two friends caring for each others child, accepting risk about lack of insurance etc should probably be allowed, i don't think that they should be forced to choose registered childminding, i feel that there is a difference to them choosing an unregistered childminding because she is say £2 an hour cheaper than a registered one.

The two women were obviously acting responsibly and felt that their friendship, the kids friendship etc and a good working proposition worked for them and i think that it is one step too 'big brother' to stop this kind of arrangement.