Does anyone else feel they are in groundhog day?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Does anyone else feel they are in groundhog day?

I know this sounds daft but I feel I do actually the same things everyday. Toddler group today and depending on weather park afterwards. We come home and do an activity usually want the children want to do. Have a sleep go on the school run. Come home free play. On the days I dont go toddlers we go someone else soft play, farm, museum or go and see another cm.

What do you do thats different and provides variety or is it just me thats woke up on a dull and wet miserable morning and feeling a bit down
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: Does anyone else feel they are in groundhog day?

Time to shake it up a bit?????

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I am a big fan of shaking it up I do know what you mean - what changes could you make?

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like that some times

But if we had a different job, it could be much worse, i used to run a coffee shop and every day was identical!! Same customers drinking the same coffee lol
    At least we get the option of maybe going to a museum or the toddler group or just staying in

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Think I could do with a shake up too
    Needs to Zumba

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh and everything needs to be timed; meals, school runs, naps. I look forward to Mondays my mindee free day

xx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thursdays I am mindee free but only til the end of next month. I also run a TG at the childrens centre so still go there in the morning.

Yes, I do feel that days are all the same and especially so when I write up the daily diary. But thats how it goes:
    School run
    Toddlers/Park/Library in the morning
    My house - lunch
    Sleep &/or Quiet time/acitvity for older ones
    School run (maybe park after)
    My house and play (indoors &/or outisde)
    Dinner
    Collected!!

What else can I write? Lol

In the nice weather i find we are more adventurous as I might skip TG and go out for the morning somewhere a bit further afield.

But my 16 month old has a sleep and I have to put her to bed at 12.30, so she has her 2 hours before we leave for school run at 2.30. So lunch has to be about 12.45 as the 2 yr old is so slow at eating. Lol

I also find though that the children like the routine and learn to know what's coming next. And plenty of parents would have a routine and attend the same clubs etc each week - I did when mine were little.

I do go to different TGs on different days though. One time, me and a mindee were going to a TG that was held in the same place and run by the same people (Salvation Army) on Tuesday and Thursday. That did get really groundhog day!! So we go somewhere different each day now.

I like the things we do now and not sure how I could shake it up anyway, not with sleep and feeding routines. I also have a 9 month old starting soon so will no doubt have to factor in his sleeps and feeds too.
    Helen