Childminding in council accomodation.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminding in council accomodation.

Will I need to inform the council once I have qualified, is it even possible to look after children in a council house?

Please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Thanks.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Childminding in council accomodation.

I am in Housing Assocation accomodation. I contacted them and asked if I could do it from the house. They said it was fine as long as they got no complaints from the neighbours about noise, parents coming and going etc.

I have been doing it 2 yrs now and no complaints (that I know of anyway!!! )
    Helen

Post Thanks / Like

Check what is stated within your tenancy agreement - there should be a paragraph about running a business from your home.

April08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Im council, years ago they didnt care if you minded at home (i did it for 14 years). I came back into minding April 08 and this time roumd I had to ring and talk to my housing officer, then put my intentions in writing, they then sent me back a letter saying all was ok to carry on. I was told to do this on my icp course as they reckon ofsted check on this. They didnt at my inspection though although I do have a copy of the council letter in my portfolio incase anyone wants to see.

Daddy Day Care Guest

My tennacy agreement with the council says im not allowed to run a business from my home witohut permission.

I went and spoke to them and they told me that childminding didnt count as running a business it counted as worknig from home and that i didnt need permission.

Id get in touch with your council tho to make sure everythings ok

Gareth
    xx