Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: behaviour!

Registered Childminder since
    sep 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default behaviour!

sorry me again i just need a bit of reasurance that im doing the right thing!!! i have been looking after 2 sisters aged 6 and 4 after school, they are both full of so much energy!!! lol. also very loud, its getting better now i have time to set some boundrys and rules but most of the time i have to repeat myself over and over again before they do what i want them to. and can also be cheeky and rude, laughing at me for example the youngest also runs off at any opportunity
    so far this is what ive been doing. stickers for holding the pushchair, trying to talk about the day at school. how many blue cars can you see? what shall we do today ect, they dont normally want to talk just run! lol.
    we have been going to the park so they can have a good run around and this helps but i have to constantly remind them not to go up the slide the wrong way, not to run too far, not to approach dogs. i have been counting to 3 and using time out if they havent listened by the time i get to 3, is this allowed????
    dont get me wrong i love having them and we do had the odd moment when all is calm and we are listening to the birds, looking for rabbits ect i just feel a bit overwhelmed at times. i have 2 boys aged 6 and 3 of my own.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: behaviour!

Sounds like you have an excellent handle on things!

The main ways to behave are to be totally consistent and to keep yourself as calm as possible and it sounds like you are doing that.

It is tiring but you will see results eventually!

TheBTeam Guest

Yes you can use counting etc, and if you keep being consistent they will soon get the hang of it and learn that you may expect different behaviour to what is acceptable with others!

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use counting up to 10 with my mindee's. When the lo is throwing a tantrum i normally get to 5 and he starts laughing at me and joining in.

Lady Haha Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cher25 View Post
    I use counting up to 10 with my mindee's. When the lo is throwing a tantrum i normally get to 5 and he starts laughing at me and joining in.
    sorry shouldn't laugh, but I did

sep 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you. i think im starting to make progres with them. when dad collected he said they run wild at home