Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: every day

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default every day

mum comes to pick up Lo. I have him 5 days a week 8am - 2pm. and everyday he tries to open my front door and mum always lets him (even though its locked, she shows him what to do). and everyday im been too late to say something to her or him............. but today i got there first.

He went to turn the keys (i live on a main road and he knows better to even try, unless mum is here). and i was there saying no, the look i got off mum was comical.
    Anyway he continued to scream (nearly3) and have a paddy on my fron door step and i said sorry but no its a main road and i dont want you getting squashed and then mum said come on mammy let you do it....... i said NO.... its a main road, so she picked him up said something about making him cry uneccessarily and took him home..

Next time i think i might let him play with the cars ...................

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: every day

take the keys out the door (in Scotland we aren't allowed to do that anyway) and hang them up high or keep them on your person.
    Silly mummy encouraging him like that

Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry probably didnt explain that bit well..

Door is always locked and keys on shelf but as mums had just came in to collect him i had just left keys in door to open it again as she only comes into passage area

Oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how they switch personalities once parents arrive isn't it?

In our house if a child tries to open the front door they are reminded that I open that door and no one else. Once outside they stand against the wall until we are all ready (buggies, reins etc) to set off. When parents collect though, they are off climbing the tree and running around like headless chickens!
    Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore.

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a few try that too, I just say 'now you know you're not allowed to open the door in Alisons house, it's too dangerous' I usually have to say it a few times till the parents get the picture!
    Ali xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    *OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I put it in a newsletter asking parents to support me by not allowing their los to open my front door saying I would hate the younger ones to escape during the course of the day (no, really, I would hate it!!)
    ƸӜƷ* Hello Kitty *ƸӜƷ

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hello kitty View Post
    I put it in a newsletter asking parents to support me by not allowing their los to open my front door saying I would hate the younger ones to escape during the course of the day (no, really, I would hate it!!)

absolutely- just think of all the extra paperwork not good lol