Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Minding after DD operation

I have tried to change DD's adenoid appointment but no joy so instead of starting school on 8th she is going into hospital. Its an overnight so have cancelled mindee for the Weds however I'm back working Thursday. She has to stay off school for 2 weeks due to the risk of infection however I have school run to do for my children but luckily have only one mindee in the day plus my other DD. Does anyone know the risks of having the mindee here? I can't cancel mum has no-one else.
    Paula

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Minding after DD operation

I'll be really interested to hear anyones experiences too as it looks like my ds2 ( 2years) is going to need his adanoids removing soon

xxx jo
    Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

the risk is of mindee infecting your daughter, and bringing germs into the house.
    when my dd had tonsils and adenoids out i had ds at home and nursery run with him so dd came with me, she didnt catch anything, but could have, i guess the choice is yours as mindee not at risk at all!
    you could always ask dr's opinion
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

july 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

my daughter had hers and her tonsils out and i was back working 2 days later , i felt that with 2 other children of my own that i had to take to school and pre-school and she had to come with me, she wasnt at any greater risk from the minded children , there is no way i would of been able to afford 2 weeks off work ,

~Chelle~ Guest

My ds1 had his tonsils out and was quite poorly for a couple of days after the operation. luckily this then fell on a weekend so I had 4 days off after his operation. Started back at work on the monday and he was fine.

My ds2 had both his adenoids and tonsils removed and he was poorly for quite a few days after his op and had to have 4 days off!

Hope the op goes well x

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice. We also have a show booked "Dorothy the Dinosaur" on the Sunday which is 5 days after and now I'm not sure if the noise level will be ok and the fact its a theatre and she is supposed to be kept away
    Paula