Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default could this work do you think?

its really odd.. I've had two parents contact me recently who are happy to pick up there kids from school and then drop them at mine for childminding care.. my LO will be starting part-time in sept and going fulltime in Jan.

One parent wants to drop off tues - fri.. and the other mon and tues.. I'm just not sure if this isn't going to make me feel pressurised with getting back home asap.. I'll always have to pick mine up by car.. couldn't walk on a nice day and actually would prefer to have children from his new school...

this is my first LO at school so I'd value your advice re. whether you'd take on these LOs or if you'd hold out for your LOs school..xx
    Last edited by newandlearning; 25-08-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: could this work do you think?

I think I'm just gonna invite this lady over and see how things go...
    I'm not used to managing after schoolers.. can anyone advise please?

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello :-)
    Is there any way you could give them a drop off time which would allow for a relaxed walk home? You can say you need this amount of time to avoid rushing and the resulting stress (quite true) as well as the children coming out late, needing to speak to a teacher, run back in for forgotten jumpers etc. If the drop off time suits you then its up to the parents and takes the decision out of your hands really.
    Good luck with it.
    best wishes,
    wendy

Post Thanks / Like

OK am i being a bit dim here? why would they want to pick up from school and then drop off at a cm? is this after full day at school, or part time days when they first start?? Sorry it may just be me its getting near my bedtime !

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're not desperate for the work i'd wait and see if you can get some after schoolers from your daughters school.

Just my opinion

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you get the parents to drop to you at your school and then children could walk home with you - no rushing if not I agree if you are not desperate wait for your lo's school. i ended up with a 25 min walk one way to a school as I needed the work. Now I have to turn away the school just around the corner. I am not taking on anymore form my present school (sad as only three cover this school) so that
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

are they starting work in the evenings maybe? Very odd if you ask me. I would do without the pressure of always having to be back from school at a certain time. I know how long it takes me to get my lot home sometimes!

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I recently had to let a family down as mum wanted me to pick up from a different school to my son, the finishing time was 25 mins difference to get from one side of town to the other, I thought about it for a long time but in the end decided it would be too much of a rush incase of traffic etc..... and now I have just signed 2 cotracts for my sons school

So I would agree with the others if you don't need the work then hang out for your normal school x x x
    Is it Friday yet?