5 things about you
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pipsqueak Guest

Default 5 things about you

A feel good (reflective) thread....

5 (minimum) good things about you as a childminder and/or your practice. What makes your setting individual to you or sets you aside from your local colleagues.

1) I care about each and evey child and can honestly say I treat each family as individual and as a human being

2) My 'setting' is homely, fun, exciting, stimulating, interesting - a place where a child can be a child

3) Children and their families are included and integrated into my own family (on a professional and often on a more personal) level

4) I 'do stuff' with the children - eg/ messy play (and in the house), we go out, I listen to their opinions and plan around their interests

5) I am a good listener (children and adults), and am responsive and flexible whilst still offering a professional service.

Now I know that not different to how you all work but believe me its different to how some minders in my area actually are.

We are all good at picking out our bits that we think we don't do well and after my rather yuk start to the week I have been trying to think to myself what it is I do well....... never hurts to remind ourselves

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 5 things about you

Okay this is hard.....

1. Mindees are part of the family not just a contract (yes I know should keep them separate).

2. I dont mind looking silly with then when we are out - will join in with anything.

3. I dont put my children in pushchairs when misbehaving and leave them there because I cant cope (pet hate).

4. I dont believe my house should be spotless while the children are here.

5. I love showing them new things just to see them go WOW.

Probably not put very well.........
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Pipsqueak Guest

Aww thats lovely Fussy especially number 2 (and I hate number 3 as well!!!).

Yes it is hard to say something good about yourself isn't it - we don't praise ourselves enough but are quick enough to believe we aren't doing something right!!!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i find this sort of thing hard!!
    I agree with what you have both said, (apart from being silly in public, i just can't do that!)lol.
    i can't think of any of my own tho

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I agree with what you have both said, (apart from being silly in public, i just can't do that!)lol.
    Bet you can Sweets - don't be modest, blow your own trumpet (go on cuz no one else is going to do it for you) have a think and type it out

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

mmm could take a while!!! lol. logging off for a bit now as going tohave a shower, been v lazy this morn, no mindees today.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cause you can think of everything you see that another cm does that winds you and then compare it to what you do.

PMa - Postive mental attitude is hard but we all should do it.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

PMa - Postive mental attitude is hard but we all should do it.
    oooh I like THAT. PMA (that needs to be our mantra and added to the abbreviations list )

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

PMA was the first thing our NVQ 3 instructer taught us. Told us we all needed to do it and she was right

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

ok i'll have a shot at this although i'm no good at looking for the postivies in myself

1, I am very flexible in regards to my working hours to ensure continity of care for the children (unfortunatly parents abuse this)

2, I love caring for the "hard to care for" kids, ie special needs etc i love the challenge and the rewards are endless as every achievement is a HUGE reward.

3, Mindees are accepted as part of the family, midees even call my mum nana linda parents love this as it shows that we love having the kids here.

4, I love the relationship i have with (most) of my parents, one even trusting me enough to take a mindee on holiday with us,

5, I love getting messy with the kids and not having to act my age
    IS BACK

Sept 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

1. i greet parents and mindees with a big smile at the start /end of each day ,even if its been tough 2. i treat each child like an individual and make them feel special . 3. we do fun things in the house and go on an outing every day even if just for a walk 4. my family love having mindees here and often get involved in what we do , 5. i listen to parents woes and am on the way to being a great agony aunt ( not sure thats a positive ) gosh it really is hard to think of good things to say about yourself isnt it , but as you say no- ne else will if you dont

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

here goes but after last year my pma is at an all time low so not sure i can find 5

1) like you all the children are absorbed into my family, even though all of mine are teenagers they adore the little ones and often do things for the families even when i am not working and my hubby loves the little ones too

2) i gave up on my house in 2000 when i registered

3) i have a special bond with my families even to the point of being mum's birth partner when j was born last year

4) if i am out and need time out for one of the kids i try to sit them on my lap rather than put them in a buggy and turn them to a wall

5) we have fun......i love not having to act my age too, in fact today as it's one of the little ones last day we are in our pyjamas and are off out to a play centre for lunch.

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

5) we have fun......i love not having to act my age too, in fact today as it's one of the little ones last day we are in our pyjamas and are off out to a play centre for lunch

are you going to the play centre in pj's?

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

5) we have fun......i love not having to act my age too, in fact today as it's one of the little ones last day we are in our pyjamas and are off out to a play centre for lunch

are you going to the play centre in pj's?
    yes of course lol

Pipsqueak Guest

Well done everyone - we are doing great - keep them coming.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

well here goes

1 i love and treat all the children i care for as my own
    2 i teach all the children thing i know they will never learn anywhere else(all good and how to look after mother earth)
    3 i am here to listern to all the problems of the parents (even when i really would like someone to listern to me)
    4 i belive all the children that end up in my care are here for a reson and will lear a valuble life lesson for me
    5 my perpose in live is to inprove the life of the children i care for even if they are only with me for a short while

dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I love "naughty" and mischevious children and see them as a challenge
    2. I dont mind singing, dancing and generally looking silly in public
    3. During minded hours the house is a mess and looks like an overturned toy shop
    4. I have my mindees for free! One is on maternity leave with his mum but i have organised a teddy bears picnic for all the local cm's really dont want this child to miss out seeing all his old friends so asked if i can borrow him for the morning
    5, I take the children out every single day rain or shine to either a toddler group or a soft play session
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

gosh this is hard isnt it ...

I always great parents/mindees with a big smile inthe morning and when they are collected no matter how i actually feel ( this has been noted on parent questionaires too )

I to the best of my ability provide a diverse setting with lots of choice and activities for the children to do

I always take the children out regularly especially in the school hols on day trips etc

I spoil them rotten at christmas time with a gift and trip to the panto which we ALL love including me

really bad answers i no especially no 4 but its hard to big up yourself isnt it lol
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Non childminder member
    ex-childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

This is really hard, though it shouldn't be.

1. I am VERY flexible regarding days/hours that my children attend.

2. I "care" for them and worry about them too.(although sometimes I'm glad to hand them back!)

3.I have been a shoulder to cry on for the older ones.

4.I plan activities for "them", even if I don't particually want to do them!

5.I shall probably cry when I finish in 3 weeks.
    Come back David....

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I plan activities and buy toys/craft things for the children's individual interests

2. We go out every day and I try to make sure the outing suits everyone of every age and interest

3. We sit down at all meal times TOGETHER which some children dont get at home

4. Children have their own coat hooks, boxes for stuff, cups, beakers etc at my house so they all feel like they belong here

5. Parents leave their children in the morning knowing they are in for a fun, safe and full day - children leave at the end of the day knowing they can do it all over again the next time they come!!!
    Helen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast