Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: My Son Poorly!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Son Poorly!

Had to have day off today as my LO was sick in the night and this morning. Text mindees mum tonight to say that he is better and not been sick since 8am this morning and back to his bubbly self so should be fine to have hers tommorrow...she text back to say that she would keep them off as they are going on thier hols on thurs and doesnt want any possible bugs before going. Do I have to refund her for tomorrow as I am not having them? or as it is her decision to keep them off does she still pay me???? v v v v confused.
    I know it is a clearance period of 48 hours but I am sure it is just something he has eaten and not a bug as everyone else in the house fine!!!! help pleeeease xx

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Son Poorly!

My fees policy states that for occassional days off they still have to pay..as can't fill that space..

What does your policy state regarding occassional days/holidays etc..do you charge for holidays..I do but not for my own...

Hopefully a more qualified person will be ab le to give you more advice...

Hope you lo is better soon.....

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would refund as the 48 hour rule is to protect both sides. I can see it from both sides you are certain its a bug - parents are going away!

If it was the other way round would you insist on the 48 hours?

Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What does your sickness policy say too? i have 48 hours for D&V for my family and theirs, i can sort of see why the parents are keeping there children away if they are going away this week

Hope your lo is better now

Susan
    xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You shouldn't work from 48 hours after the last sickness / diarrhoea attack.

That's the current guidance... so you're closed tomorrow anyway.

Hope your little one feels better soon!

feb 91
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on your exclusions policy.
    Would you expect child to be off for 48 hours after being as ill as your lo?
    If you would expect them to stay off then I would say no charge, but if you would accept a child back in your setting then you do not have to refund day's charge.

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I would credit the next invoice with tomorrow as well as today as its the 48 hour rule .

Feb04
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear that your son was uwell!!
    do you have them on wednesday as well? if so is mum keeping them off then too?
    Have you checked the wording of your contract- ie that any occassional days taken by parents will be charged at normal rates?
    Has your son eaten all his meals normally today and kept it down? If so, I think I would charge the parent the full fees or compromise and charge her half fee for tomorrow as it is her choice to keep them off.
    I personally think 48 hours is a long time, when we were young it was 24 hours or the morning after!!
    HTH

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah he has kept everything down and slept on sofa quite a bit today.....I am having mindee all day on Wednesday and then that is it for 3 weeks!
    I think alot of the time parents keep it quiet when their LO's are poorly and send them in anyway regardless of what the policies state! I had one mindee tell me that he was sick that morning but he felt ok and mum didnt say anything to me!!!! Think we should all wear those swine flu masks constantly ha ha!! Thanks for your replies x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your son is much better
    Katickles

Post Thanks / Like

If it were a mindee I'd exclude for 48 hours after the last bout of sickness/diarrhoea and I'd expect to be closed for the same time (and not charging) if it was me or my children that were ill.

Hope your lo is feeling better soon

Miffy xx