Thread: annoyed - wwyd?

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default annoyed - wwyd?

Hiya

I have a child here just comes hols.

contract was for 3 days a week. Parent has reduced this to 2 days now as cant afford it. Thats annoyed me for a start as only 2 weeks notice given.

I dont have a deposit as they didnt have much money so being a softee I let them off.

Fees for this week were due this morning, she said she would bring them tonight.

Just had an email saying bank has overcharged them bank fees by accident so they are overdrawn and no money for me till thurs

I was relying on the money to take all the kids on a trip tomorrow!!

so what would u do??

Thanks
    Network and Support Childminder Ofsted rated "Good"

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: annoyed - wwyd?

I would be telling them what you have told us. Its not your fault that they have not budgeted properly and you have no choice but to add late fees yourself to cover any extra costs you now incur.

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask them if they can make a goodwill gesture payment. Tell them you had planned a trip and as a result of the non-payment , the trip will have to be cancelled.

Do you have late fees in your contract? if yes add them, if not then make a change to the contract (with notice if youy have to) and make sure they get applied should this happen again.

Good luck with getting it!

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

how much do they owe you?

if they have been overcharged with bank fees then this can't be a massive amoung that they are short and could pay you most of the fees with the shortfall made up on thurs

why does the bank charge mean they cant pay any of the fees?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

so far i have emailed back and said I cannot afford to pay for her child to go out of my own pocket.

I am really dubious as I have been stung by 2 non payers before and I did say as no deposit then payment needed to be in advance.

I am not sure if I am prepeared to take him. Am I allowed to do that or do I need to calm down

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

it was becaise it took them overdrawn, plus it was a bank error.

Thanks everyone but luckily its all sorted and I will be paid tomorrow morning!

dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

unfortunatly i know with most contracts (NCMA) even if the parent doesnt pay we cant refuse to take the child as then we are braking in contract so the parent can sue us. Esp if they loose their jobs as a result.

The only thing you could do is give four weeks notice and hope they pay and if they dont you have to go through the small claims courts to get your money back
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I would be annoyed but do you expect parents to pay for trips, they may not have much money so could the trip be to somewhere free. I f you state in advance about extras then fair enough they have the choice not to come, but what do you do if they don't want to pay for trips. I'm interested really as it doesn't really affect me as I buy season tickets to local farm parks that my husband can use at the weekend as well, and the council and children centres put loads of free stuff on during the week.

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caroline L View Post
    Yes I would be annoyed but do you expect parents to pay for trips, they may not have much money so could the trip be to somewhere free. I f you state in advance about extras then fair enough they have the choice not to come, but what do you do if they don't want to pay for trips. I'm interested really as it doesn't really affect me as I buy season tickets to local farm parks that my husband can use at the weekend as well, and the council and children centres put loads of free stuff on during the week.

I think the op meant she couldn't pay as fees hadn't been paid not money for the trip, so she couldn't afford to pay for the trip herself.

xx