Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Childrens Centre in Library

our childrens centre is in the library it is next to a carpark and has automatic doors. I am sick to death of putting my 16mth down and him running straight out of the door. I said to the librarian today is there anyway of adjusting the sensor so that it doesn't react to children and they said No. For a childrens centre they don't care for children's welfare at all. The toilet is upstairs (ok there is a lift) there is no changing unit in the toilet and the tables all have sharp corners all at my mindees eye height. I really think if they are going to call themselves a childrens centre they should have children's safety assessed! rant over
    Paula

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Childrens Centre in Library

at the new childrens centre near us the reception has an automatic door, ive complained about it and now ask a member of staff to help me out as i have a 3 month old and 2 year old to get in the pushchair and a 3 year old walking, but the doors to get from reception into the hall and then one into the actual room groups are held in have a look that can only be opened by a member of staff very annoying when you go into hall to go to the toilets or to warm up a bottle than cant get back in

charlotte x

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singlewiththree View Post
    our childrens centre is in the library it is next to a carpark and has automatic doors. I am sick to death of putting my 16mth down and him running straight out of the door. I said to the librarian today is there anyway of adjusting the sensor so that it doesn't react to children and they said No. For a childrens centre they don't care for children's welfare at all. The toilet is upstairs (ok there is a lift) there is no changing unit in the toilet and the tables all have sharp corners all at my mindees eye height. I really think if they are going to call themselves a childrens centre they should have children's safety assessed! rant over
    if they hold creches while courses are being held you can contact ofsted and get them to have a look.
    it doesn't matter if you access the course or not if the centre runs them they have to be registered with ofsted and they would probably be interested anyway

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ours is a new build. It has a door that swings really fast and hard that is operated by the staff.

So I bring out baby, put him in the buggy, buzz to get back in, collect other 2 who have run off by this stage leaving baby in the CCTV watched by staff... it's a real palaver especially when I was told off for taking my buggy inside which I thought was the safest option.

I'm not happy about it myself. I agree it's like it's not been thought through