Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Any ideas

Registered Childminder since
    January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any ideas

I will - unexpectedly, grr - have from tuesday a 6 month old, 12 month old, very-nearly-3 year old and my own 3 at 9,8 and 6 years old.
    The 12 month old is nearly walking. The 6 month old is not mobile. The 2 year old is - fortunately - a calm little soul, wonderfully behaved.

I've got the Little People set out (lots of!) and plans for going to watch planes one day and a children's centre picnic. We'll play in the garden if possible. But I am worried about having two non walkers at the same time and wondered how you would cope with the situation? Any advice? Any tips? Mildly panicking already......

Non childminder member
    ex-childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any ideas

The non walkers are the easy ones, at least they won't get up and go!

I'd try and get the older ones involved, perhaps some music and dance, waving scarves, get the saucepans out and bang, tunnels,tents, close the curtains, get the torches out and chase the lights,hand,feet printing,water play with pots and cups, crinkly paper,sensory games.....a large cup of tea and a choccy biccie for you.
    Come back David....

dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree def get the older ones involved if you can get in the garden you could do hand and poot print painting or water play if the weather is nice x
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

yes lots of sensory play. fill a small pop up tent with discovery items, shiny lids, noisy items. Little ones will love joining in with the music. My older ones adore the babies and playing with them. If they are not having good day they are happy to go to their rooms to escape the toddlers.