Rota & childminding
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Rota & childminding

Parent works 2 days 1 month and 4 days the next month!
    How would I do this with fees and other childrens places ect?

Any help would be great thanks

xx

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rota & childminding

That's a tricky one.

How old is the child? You have to think that, if they're under 8 the place has to be available for them all the time even if the parent is only working 2 days that month not 4.

Is it the same day each week? If not it becomes even more complicated and you might be tying places up for very little money.

Miffyxx

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm i know think it will be same day each month but either 2 or 4 don't know if it is fair to charge 4 days every week though so not sure what to do?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry think I misunderstood - is parent working 2 days each week one month then four days each week the next month?

You could charge a minimum of 2 days each week if you're happy with that and only charge 4 days a week when worked or charge a minimum of 2 days each week full pay and 2 days a week half pay when parent not working or full pay when she is.

You will still have to keep a place open 4 days a week whether parent is using them or not. I know what you mean about being fair but make sure you're fair to yourself too!

Miffy xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

if they are the same days each month then I would just charge for what they need. Works out at 6 days per month over the year. Work out the cost and divide by 12 (or that's what I'd do).

if they need the days flexible and thus holding up you filling places I would charge 4 days each week for each month - they might be expecting flexibility so I would explain why they need to do this. They might go back to work and be able to fix shift days then.