Anyone else have swine flu in their local schools?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone else have swine flu in their local schools?

Two schools in my area have it, including my own daughters school and the child is in her year too!
    Schools are not closing (Government advice apparently) children in question just staying at home. I was panicking on Friday when I got the letter, but what can you do?, you can't keep them home just in case and it would be unauthorised absence anyway!
    Anyone else have cases locally to them?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone else have swine flu in their local schools?

My niece and nephew are off school because someone has it at their school but they live a fair way from me

Our school were given out letters on Friday some one has it there so we have to listen to the local radio every morning to see if the school is going to close

My sons brother in law and mother in law are both being treated for swine flu - brother in law is a teacher and got it from their school
    They also live an hour from me

The doctors told them every one is more than likely to get it and some have had it with out realising it so its being passed on really easily

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

at the moment it is really mild anywho so schools arent closing and in many cases they have stopped using the tamiflu as a prophylactic. Dont worry about it, a child I care for had it and no one really noticed, he was just a bit 'off'.
    Deb X

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a case in my husbands Primary school last week and the area Primary Care Trust took the view that it was not necessary to close the school, just that the child stay at home.

6 miles up the road, same day, different local authority, one case in a primary school and they closed the school for a week and a half

Post Thanks / Like

There is no greater risk than normal Flu at present. Staying at home, sneezing into a tissue (or a sleeve if caught short) and washing hands is the thing to do. It always comes back to hand washing.....and good hygiene.

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

A nine year old girl has died from swine flu in Birmingham. She has other health problems, although they never say what they are do they.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FizzysFriends View Post
    A nine year old girl has died from swine flu in Birmingham. She has other health problems, although they never say what they are do they.
    Yes we are just waiting for more information about this

Our school has now been closed

Looks like I am in for a busy week then

Angel xx

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

a local school to me is closed and my childrens school will be taking advice from primary care trust too.

it does seem that those who do die have other health issues too, tragic yet comforting to know those who are normally healthy will get through it.

I really feel for those who have lost loved ones through any illness especially when its a child.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

But what are these 'other health issues'? They never say what they are so you're never sure if they are really serious, hospitalised, health issues or maybe asthma or something like that?

I read the other day that they reckon come Autumn tens of thousands of people will come down with it each week and that it may well have mutated by then and become a lot more threatening.

I think they should mention it more on the news again so people are aware as I get the impression lots of people seem to think it's just gone away and won't be a problem - hopefully it won't be a problem but they do think it could well be very serious. They should keep the adverts up and as time goes on make them more shocking.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I had flu type thing for nearly 3 weeks headaches, off tummy, temperature etc 1st weekend but it was coming and going I felt worse at nights and I never went doc and kept working as the kids all had colds too. I since heard though that there was a case confirmed up here of an elderly person on a coach trip who was all round the county. I actually met an elderly group on a coach trip a few days before I got ill when I had the kids out feeding the ducks I am fine now but it has made me wonder but surely I would have known

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

my sons high school has had 1 pupil and 2 teachers gone down with it aarrgghhh I am at the point now of wether to take him out or not. I am giving him vitamin c and zinc tablets just incase

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just heard yesterday that a local school has a case

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i always feel guilty in droppoing him off at school in the morning knowing that there is swine flu at the school, but you cnat do anything about it can you?????

~Chelle~ Guest

We had a letter home yesterday to say that a teacher and a pupil were suspected as having swine flu.

The headteacher was in the playground yesterday waiting for my friend, as my friends daughter is on the waiting list for a kidney transplant. The headteacher advised her not to let her daughter attend school at the moment in case there were any further cases.

There are 3 schools in my area (walderslade/Lorswood in Chatham) that have confirmed cases of swine flu.

The school is not closing though.

My friend has a child at another school, and with their letter about an outbreak of swine flu, there was a comment from the headteacher saying that she knows about parents concerns etc but that if they didnt send their children to school, this in effect, was being absent without permission and the local school authority could view this as truancy and the parents may be fined!!!

Makes you wonder what to do for the best, doesnt it?

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

according to the local newspaper there were 6 schools confirming swine flu TODAY ALONE

my daughter's school one of them

want to keep her off but really dont know what to do
    IS BACK

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

The local secondary school has confirmed two teachers have swine flu and at being kept at home. It is only 2 miles from my house But it's out in the community now, just keep washing your hands and surfaces.
    I just feel for the parents of children who have bad health problems as a dose of flu can be very bad for them
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Post Thanks / Like

Heard a rumour today that our local primary has a case but it is only a rumour atm

Miffy xx

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Our secondary school sent out letters yesterday saying 3 members of staff had flu-like symtoms and although they not testing for swine flu they treating it as such anyway.

The school hasn't shut but they cancelled parents evenings and the talent show they were going to have.

We will just have to wait and see

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an email from the council asking for all schools and childcare to provide out of hours numbers as they are expecting it to be bad at the start of september and they are suggesting there is a possibility that the start of the new term will be pushed back if it is bad. Which is logical because if there arne't enough well teachers they can't open.

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Received notification late yesterday evening that there is a confirmed case of swine flu at my son's school.

It was bound to happen sometime
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast