Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: msbradders

Registered Childminder since
    aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default msbradders

Hi, have just joined childminding forum and have been reading your comments on the SEF, am just about to start mine, have got inspection next tuesday am scared I won't get it finished !!! as I don't really understand some of the questions. I only look after one little boy of 3, part time. Can't believe I have to do all this !!!!! what happens if they are not finished when you are inspected ??

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: msbradders

Don't worry if its not finished in time. Something is better than nothing in the eyes of the inspector - its an aid to inspection not a complete necessity.

Welcome to the forum by the way - hope you find the info as useful as i do
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome, the sef is a bit daunting, specially when you have a time limit but as Penny said, just do what you can and don't rush it, anything is better than nothing.
    Sue

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome to the forum, It doesnt matter if you dont get it finished, just do as much as you can. Good luck with your inspection
    Needs to Zumba

aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you for the encouragement, spent 7 hours on the SEF yesterday, nearly finished, I've never completed a form which is so repetitive. Not sure I've given the correct answers, I'm NOT doing it again that's for sure!!

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msbbradders View Post
    Thanks you for the encouragement, spent 7 hours on the SEF yesterday, nearly finished, I've never completed a form which is so repetitive. Not sure I've given the correct answers, I'm NOT doing it again that's for sure!!

Dont worry I didnt have mine finished for my inspection, and mrs O I JUST SAID TO CONTINUE TO DO A LITTLE A MONTH you will be fine let the forum know how you get on , welcome to the forum by the way . ziller

Pipsqueak Guest

Sarah707 does a brilliant e-book for the SEF

aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Well after hours of filling in my SEF it was worth it as it helped my inspection move along a lot quicker, even got an outstanding rating on half of the sections giving me a overall good rating, so am very happy!!!!!

Although my inspecter did say that doing the individual childs development and learning plans are not compulsory, which I didn't know.