Staying Motivated after notice given
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Staying Motivated after notice given

My mindees parents gave me a months notice on Thursday. It was not totally unexpected as they have been waiting for a nursery place for her, but did come round quicker than I was expecting. Anyway, as she has only been here for a month I have barely started any obs on her and now she is going. Anyway, how many obs would you be thinking about doing after you have been given notice? I am feeling a bit un motivated at the moment!!
    Grindal

TheBTeam Guest

Default Re: Staying Motivated after notice given

Personally unless you needed them for an imminent inspection, then I wouldn't!

May not be completely professional, but for a months notice I would not do anything formal!

Just read this back and in all reality I would do what i did with my last one that i only had for 6 weeks, cos the mum was too ill with pregnancy to work (child came to me as current cm on mat leave). I did continue with photos and obs and then gave them to mum (Just to show how professional i was!)

But i would do them in your situation to show as what you have done to ofsted!
    Last edited by TheBTeam; 22-06-2009 at 10:28 AM.

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bteam - that is my immediate reaction, but it concerns me that I have not yet had an inspection, and have been registered for just over a year now .

I suppose I will just try and jot down a few post it obs over the next couple of weeks so at least I can identify some next steps for the 6 areas of learning.
    Grindal

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Why not write something for the next setting showing how she is achieving to the 6 areas of L & D?

It wouldn't take long... add a few photos and some artwork... job done!