Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default home care agreements...

do you have one? who are you with??

is it compulsory to have them, or just considered good practice...

I am currently with british gas home care, and after calling this evening with no hot water and no heating, to be told 24 hours for an engineer to me is taking the proverbial...

they extract over £25 a month from me, and to be honest, I think it would be better to save the money to call an engineer...

foruntatley we have managed to fix the boiler ourselves, but I am thinking, save the money and then use this 'emergency' house fund to service the boiler and to pay for repairs...

claiming back % for the expenses of course...

help!!!
    boo

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: home care agreements...

I never used to have homecare i always used a local gas engineer to service boiler and fire, used the same one for a few years. UNTIL just before christmas when my boiler broke and because of various problems like waiting till he could fit me in then waiting for parts the part broke and had to wait for another one i went 2 WEEKS without heating or hot water,(luckily i have an electric shower!). It was so cold!!! it was over christmas so i didn't have mindees and i spent a lot of time at other peoples houses! lol. i slept in a wooley hat!
    i then went onto british gas homecare but i only have the basic one were you pay £50 for each repair but its done within 24hours. I can't imagine what i would have been like with mindees around!lol.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have British Gas home care and so far they have been brilliant.

Another way is to use Homeserve and just pay when you need them, but when my boiler broke and I called them out they took over a week to get the parts... that was when I signed up with British Gas

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterbyes View Post
    do you have one? who are you with??

is it compulsory to have them, or just considered good practice...

I am currently with british gas home care, and after calling this evening with no hot water and no heating, to be told 24 hours for an engineer to me is taking the proverbial...

they extract over £25 a month from me, and to be honest, I think it would be better to save the money to call an engineer...

foruntatley we have managed to fix the boiler ourselves, but I am thinking, save the money and then use this 'emergency' house fund to service the boiler and to pay for repairs...

claiming back % for the expenses of course...

help!!!
    Tell them you have small children, they should come out quicker. They did with me. I just didn't tell them the kids weren't mine!!!!!
    littletreasures xx

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did tell them I had small children, I have an 20 month old. I shortened her age to 11 month old, still they said I had to wait...

I was finishing up we managed to sort it ourselves...
    boo