Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    06/08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Assistants with children???

Does anyone employ assistants with their own children and when working are the children booked into the childminding setting?? Do you make a charge fopr the assistants children as this reduces the spaces you have availaible. I am wondering if it is worth my while taking an assistant with a child of her own or if I need an assistant without children as I will have to pay min wage and can only get an extra 2 spaces I charge £3.50 an hour and so just one extra child would cost me!! I would need 2 chuildren to pay her

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Assistants with children???

I don't have an assistant but I think if its an under 5 place I would probably make a charge for the child, not the full rate but something to cover the food/drink/craft materials etc.