Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Website advice needed!

Okay, I have decided to give my business a re-vamp. New name etc, etc. I've decided to do a website but haven't a clue which site that offers free webs is easy (and i mean easy!) to use. One of the ones I have looked at is Microsoft Office live. Can anyone out there tell me if this is really easy to use? or should I try a different one?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Website advice needed!

try freewebs
    Katickles

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahbelle View Post
    Okay, I have decided to give my business a re-vamp. New name etc, etc. I've decided to do a website but haven't a clue which site that offers free webs is easy (and i mean easy!) to use. One of the ones I have looked at is Microsoft Office live. Can anyone out there tell me if this is really easy to use? or should I try a different one?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I use Microsft Office live and found it really easy. You can then add more technical bits by searching around on the web. For example I wanted my logo as a background on all of my pages so I hunted and found a code that allowed me to do this. A really nice looking basic site is very easy to do. If you decide to use microsoft and have any problems give me a shout

Forgot to say I chose this one as I wanted to go for one that didn't have adverts on my site

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pauline makes websites and they are very reasonably priced!

Otherwise, you could try webs.com or webnode.com - I use them both and I'm not a techno wizard.

Mar 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    I use Microsft Office live and found it really easy. You can then add more technical bits by searching around on the web. For example I wanted my logo as a background on all of my pages so I hunted and found a code that allowed me to do this. A really nice looking basic site is very easy to do. If you decide to use microsoft and have any problems give me a shout

Forgot to say I chose this one as I wanted to go for one that didn't have adverts on my site
    Thanks manjay. Thats really kind of you. I've looked at your site and it looks great! Hope I can produce something that looks that good. Think i am going to have to enlist the help of my DS . Hes the computer whizz of the house. I think I would like to use my logo too. So how do you find the code?

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahbelle View Post
    Thanks manjay. Thats really kind of you. I've looked at your site and it looks great! Hope I can produce something that looks that good. Think i am going to have to enlist the help of my DS . Hes the computer whizz of the house. I think I would like to use my logo too. So how do you find the code?
    No probs. Thanks for the positive comments about my site

You can add the logo simply as an image as I have on my home page. Once you have done the basics of the site I can then try and help with background images if you want to do that.

Mar 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    No probs. Thanks for the positive comments about my site

You can add the logo simply as an image as I have on my home page. Once you have done the basics of the site I can then try and help with background images if you want to do that.
    Sounds simple enough. I will have a go. Will pm you if I have probs!