Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 seater????

Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 7 seater????

im trying to make the most of the scrappage tax and am looking at the new ford s max zetec, which im test driving tomorrow. its seems like a really good car. ncap rating is 5 star, has individual rear seats with storage underneath the actual seats. (that can also move backwards individually) the rear, rear seats seem solid and when they are up theres still a boot (all be it slightly smaller.)
    we looked as the zafira but it felt cramped and almost plastic like if you get my meaning...
    im not into all the fancy gadgets etc but the s max seemed the better car...
    how many of you have a 7 seater? what type of car have you got and why??
    Last edited by emmadines; 05-06-2009 at 06:31 AM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 7 seater????

I have a Previa and I love it

Its seats are removable, which is great for the extra space when holidaying etc, and the boot space is superb

Toyotas are very reliable too. Ive had mine 2 years and the only thing I have had to pay out for is a new tyre. Its sailed through its MOT's with no problem

Dont think Id have a different 7 seater now.

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Zafira - it was the only 7 seater i could afford at the time. I got it brand new when the shape changed so got a big reduction in price as it is the old shape. I know what you mean re "plastic" some other cars are better finished but to be honest it is pretty economical and nice to drive.

The back 2 seats are really small but as a family car for us it is great.

I have a mothercare double buggy which does fit in the boot with all the seats up too.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a Renault Espace - just the basic model and i wouldnt be without it now - i have 3 kids of my own and it means that even when im not working the kids can bring a freind when we go out or Granny can come.
    Im keeping it at the moment but will upgrade next year i would like something with a bit more storage space and i def want the sliding rear doors which the espace doesnt have.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have an 8 seater Previa - bit costly on fuel and insurance but I love it
    Debbie

LOOPYLISA Guest

Just wanted to say we love the s-max

Looking into changing our shogun for one

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the older shape fiat ullysee which is the same as the 806, I love the sliding doors and don't want to upgrade as the newer model is all electric and more to go wrong.The seats are movable and the option to be 8 seater with a bench seat.It drives well and has sailed through all of the mot's, i've had it for 6 years and it does 30/35 to the gallon

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i've got a toyota verso.

i love it , it doesn't look or feel like a 'big' car, but i can seat 7! not much room for buggies etc with all 7 seats up, but i don't use all 7 that much!

i used to have a toyota picnic and that was soooooooo reliable. i also had a hyundai trajet and it felt like a bus, and i had load of trouble with it

xx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    We have a Galaxy which we bought when my daughter was due because between me and other half we would then have 4 children so obviously needed a 7 seater. The interior is a bit flimsy and bits have fallen off so I'm not impressed with the quality but love the space. We can take seats out if we need more room etc. At the moment it's a 6 seater which is all we need and still leaves a lot of room for pushchairs, shopping etc. VERY thirsty though.

xxxxx

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an s-max as a courtesy car last year and loved it so much I didn't want to give it back. Unfortunately can't afford my own so I'm stuck with my Kia Sedona. Looking into buying a citroen c8 soon as it's cheaper than the s-max and looks like a good car.

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by atmkids View Post
    I had an s-max as a courtesy car last year and loved it so much I didn't want to give it back. Unfortunately can't afford my own so I'm stuck with my Kia Sedona. Looking into buying a citroen c8 soon as it's cheaper than the s-max and looks like a good car.
    You would recormend the s-max then???

Sorry Emma taking over your thread

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just bought a Zafira and I love it, so do the Mindees.
    When i dont need it hubby nicks it
    Needs to Zumba

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYLISA View Post
    You would recormend the s-max then???

Sorry Emma taking over your thread
    no no your fine hun, im test driving it tomorrow morning so im up for reviews, making the most out of the scrap tax xxxx

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

we have a zafira as its cheap on insurance, tax and was cheap to buy, I also trust vauhaul as we have had astras for years and had no problems with them . It is a v.small boot with all the seats up and you wouldnt comftorbaly seat an adult in the boot but its lovley to drive and i wouldnt be without it

Septemb
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    I also have an 8 seater Previa - bit costly on fuel and insurance but I love it
    Me too
    Nix, xx

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Atmkids, don't you like your Kia?
    I have one and I love it!
    Plenty of space inside the seats can be changed or taken out, my oh made a wooden shelf unit for the boot as I keep my buggies in there so I can get out the double or single without having to take everything out, sliding doors are useful and I find it economical on petrol.
    The insurance wasn't bad this year either, went to Sheila's wheels and saved £200

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: 7 seater????

I've just bought a Ford Galaxy 54 reg. I absolutely love it! Loads of space. Can take seats out if not being used or fold them down. Kids and mindees love it. I feel like Edie McCredie!

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, wow there's loads of diff ones isn't there. well i have a test drive of the s max tomorrow morning, its my 1st ever test drive of a new new car and i got to admit im rather nervous!

TheBTeam Guest

We have just started to look at the Chrysler Grand Voyager, but need a small mortgage!

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateChip View Post
    Atmkids, don't you like your Kia?
    I have one and I love it!
    Plenty of space inside the seats can be changed or taken out, my oh made a wooden shelf unit for the boot as I keep my buggies in there so I can get out the double or single without having to take everything out, sliding doors are useful and I find it economical on petrol.
    The insurance wasn't bad this year either, went to Sheila's wheels and saved £200
    I was probably a bit unfair to the Sedona earlier. Size wise it's brilliant, never had a problem fitting everything in and like you said the sliding doors are a must have with young children. It's just that I've had mine for four years, don't like the colour (dark green but bought it anyway 'cos it was a good price) and just feel ready for a change. Hope I don't sound shallow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast