Looking after little ones for an hour
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    amirose Guest

Default Looking after little ones for an hour

Hello,

I am gong to be looking after two little cuties - both girls - one is a year and the other is two (poor mummy!) for an hour while mummy goes to a martial arts class.

I obviously know this doesn't count as childminding as its under 2 hours but just wanted to double check a child record form for each child is enough?

They came to meet me tonight and they really are adorable, they will coming on their own for the first time Monday!

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking after little ones for an hour

If you have other children you are still childminding. I would have the record form with contact number and not worry about a contract.

If mums needs to be covered by your insurance you need all your paperwork doing.
    Debbie

amirose Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    If you have other children you are still childminding. I would have the record form with contact number and not worry about a contract.

If mums needs to be covered by your insurance you need all your paperwork doing.
    It 7pm-8pm - I normally only work til 6pm but as its only an hour and my dp is also doing the class I thought it would be nice to do it

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

so this mean i don't have to do a temp contract as i have had a mum ask me to look after alittle one for an hour while she goes to interview. she wants me as her child minder when she gets a job but has to get one first

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amirose View Post
    It 7pm-8pm - I normally only work til 6pm but as its only an hour and my dp is also doing the class I thought it would be nice to do it
    I suppose it could be classed as babysitting. i would still do all the child record forms though, but not the contract

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

As a Childminder I would always have all the paperwork, contract, info forms, consents and permissions, policies, for any child in my care for whatever time they are with me. Personally I would not take on any child on a regular basis without. You are then fully insured and you have a proper relationship with the parent incase of payment or other disputes.

If you are a member of NCMA I would definately phone them and check your position. You would probably not be covered by the free legal line without a contract in place.

Also remember the keeping and signing of the register is protecting you as well as the child from a child protection point of view.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 29-05-2009 at 07:41 AM.

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I do all the paperwork except the contract if it's just a short term thing or for occasional use.Caroline