questionnaire
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: questionnaire

moogster1a Guest

Default questionnaire

Thought you might be interested in this questionnaire from QCA about the EYFS. As ever I've given my forthright views on what nonsense and a waste of time it is. You never know, if enough of us say it, eventually someone might listen!
    http://www.qca.org.uk/qca_22487.aspx

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: questionnaire

great!

thank you!

xxx

i thought it was a very interesting questionaire, asking sensible questions about the EYFS, mainly to do with implementing it; mainly looking at areas of learning and the way they are planned/observed etc. i had to keep creating boxes to answer the questions, as they are wanting defined answers which i couldn't give - ie, the majority of the activities are child led, but may have been adult led at a prior occaision, and child has returned to it at a later stage etc. and they wanted child led/adult led/mixed etc

they also asked about training/publications/what other help etc would you like.

x
    Last edited by loocyloo; 26-05-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added a bit, now i have done questionaire!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I ask how long you have been minding for as I don't share your view on the EYFS. I know that it has its problems but I truly believe that it has the interests of children at the heart.
    Debbie

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    Can I ask how long you have been minding for as I don't share your view on the EYFS. I know that it has its problems but I truly believe that it has the interests of children at the heart.
    I agree. Maybe some of the end of reception targets/goals are a little OTT for some of the literacy/numeracy especially since some children are not yet 5 then but overall the values of the EYFS have totally changed my practice - for the better.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    I agree. Maybe some of the end of reception targets/goals are a little OTT for some of the literacy/numeracy especially since some children are not yet 5 then but overall the values of the EYFS have totally changed my practice - for the better.
    i agree to

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great questionnaire. Hopefully some more training will come of it as they asked for specific areas that we live in.
    Debbie