Thread: help please

Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help please

Hi everyone
    Just afer a bit of advice from you all. One of my before and after school mindees comes to me on different days every week as his dad does shifts. When I first started minding him I was given his times for the next 3 months which took us up to the end of next week. Then his parents recently booked 2 weeks holiday for next week and the week after. As the contract states that I charge half fee for parents holidays I intend charging for next week but because I was never given his times for half term week I feel unable to charge anything. Then to top it all off mum arrived this am and gave me his times for the next 3 months but completely missed off the first week in August saying that hubby would be taking the week off. She obviously assumes that she shouldn't have to pay me for this week Now I feel really nervous as tonight I think I should speak to her and ask her what hours I would have been doing that week if Dad had been working and say i'll be invoicing her for half the amount. She'll probably tell me he would of only come once which I don't think is true but I don't understand his shift patterns so couldn't prove it. I feel really cross that she's put me in this position but if all the other parents pay half fee for holidays why should it be any different for shift workers? Do you think I'm being unreasonable?

Registered Childminder since
    June 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help please

what are the usual shift patterns, i personally would use the 3mths before half term as a guide then charge half the previous week to determine charges for the week they going away hope that makes sense
    Michelle x:current loss to date - 100lb clapping: