NCMA ACCOUNT BOOK
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Novembe
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA ACCOUNT BOOK

hi i'm new to this lol ....i am filling in my ncma account book which has enough room for 12 months of accounts but what i was wondering was i only started childminding last month so the starting month in my book is january, but i know the end of the tax year is April so do i fill in this book til april then have to buy a new one for april to april? or can i carry on using this book until dec.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NCMA ACCOUNT BOOK

As far as i'm aware it is for your reference only so you can do whatever suits you best.

I dont think ofsted look at your accounts book and at the end of the tax year you transfer the details over to your self assessment form (i think)

I'm sure someone else will be along to either prove me wrong or give you more info as i'm not working yet!

Louise x

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the answer to this one is that it is up to you. When i first started in the Jan i filled in the book from Jan to Dec but only used the Jan - March earnings for that years tax return.

I later decided that i would like all of a particular tax years accounts in the same book so i started doing it Apr - Mar so therefore i have one accounts book that only has 3 months accounts in IYSWIM xx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You can pretty much do what you want....after all it does seem like a bit of a waste only having 3 months in the book.

The only thing I will say is that if you continue to use this book it may end up getting a bit confusing as you have 2 different tax year's in it.

But as I said it is up to you.
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!