OMG - I am working tomorrow
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pipsqueak Guest

Default OMG - I am working tomorrow

Well my new mindee is settling in nicely (so nicely that she kicks up a huge stink when mum arrives to take her home, especially if its before dinner! lol. The other day I was hollering at the top of her 3yr old voice - all the way down the road - 'leave me alone, take me back to Vicky's' )

Anyway, Mum asked me earlier this week if I would work Saturdays and I umm'd and aahhed, anyway this evening Mum asked me if I would work tomorrow - 9.30 till 2.30 ish and I said yes My kids aren't too happy about it but I is settling in nicely, mum is over the moon with my service and to be honest we could do with the pennies. I'll see how it goes tomorrow and might offer to do a couple of Saturdays a month.

Blimey I haven't worked a Saturday for many moons! lol

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OMG - I am working tomorrow

its great when they don't want to go home isn't it?

Makes you feel all good

I work a couple of saturdays, works well for me at the mo as mine is 5 and enjoys the company. The minute she seems like she wants me more to herself I will stop x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Saturdays!!!!!!!!!!! thats commitment for you! Shows how good you are if they don't want to go!
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm working tomorrow too so youre not alone Great that your LO is settling so well

Planning on taking my mindee swimming- hope he likes it!

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding*
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have to tell Ofsted you want to provide Saturdays ?? I cant remeber if it was on the application. ..... ??
    Wendy xxx

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you and extra pennies are fab lol

When i worked full time before i had kids i worked nearly every sat and sun Oh i dont miss that!lol
    XX Jill XX

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first started minding I offered to do Saturdays and I was only working part time in the week, so it wasn't such a big deal then. I do 50+ Mon to Fri so think I would resent doing it now.

But hey on the other hand, think of the extra money

Hope you have a good day, will be thinking about you
    Helen xXx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    Well my new mindee is settling in nicely (so nicely that she kicks up a huge stink when mum arrives to take her home, especially if its before dinner! lol. The other day I was hollering at the top of her 3yr old voice - all the way down the road - 'leave me alone, take me back to Vicky's' )

Anyway, Mum asked me earlier this week if I would work Saturdays and I umm'd and aahhed, anyway this evening Mum asked me if I would work tomorrow - 9.30 till 2.30 ish and I said yes My kids aren't too happy about it but I is settling in nicely, mum is over the moon with my service and to be honest we could do with the pennies. I'll see how it goes tomorrow and might offer to do a couple of Saturdays a month.

Blimey I haven't worked a Saturday for many moons! lol

Wow how dedicated are you. When i first started i said i'd work Saturday mornings but that didn't last long. Saturday is my day with Rose and partner, shopping, meeting friends etc. I think i work enough through the week. Good on you though.