im doing my first "sitters" job this evening
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

Default im doing my first "sitters" job this evening

i was wondering do you think i should ask if i would be allowed to make cups of tea, or do you think thats cheeky.

I get really funny with using other peoples stuff as i dont want to seem like im intruding. I just wondered?

Ive also just driven past the house to make sure i know where it is as its named and not numbered, and didnt want to get lost later.

OMG its absolutely MASSIVE, it must be about 1 and half million pounds, as i know the road well!! i hope i dont get scared in there all on my little own!

But im very excited as i love doing new things.

Ill tell you how it all goes when i get back.....

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: im doing my first "sitters" job this evening

maybe take a flask and a snack just incase the family do not introduce you to their kettle.

Good Luck with it xxx
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

yes i did think this, but they may think im a bit crazy camping in their house!! lol.. i shall take a drink and hope they introduce me.

feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Just tried to register as a sitter, and can't because I don't drive. Is this right or have I not filled in form properly?

mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm, im not sure, maybe as they send you jobs further away (i had one that was 10 miles away) and maybe you need a car in case you had to drive to a hospital or something. Maybe its best to ring them just to make sure.

I had to fill in my paperwork at someones house and im sure they didnt ask if i could drive.

LOOPYLISA Guest

Hope you have fun, im sure they will show you where the kettle is, unless they have a butler

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When my daughter used to babysit (not for sitters) she was always offered the freedom to make her own drinks, many parents also left her supper!

Allie

ps I would take my own just to beon the safe side, good luck

nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

hi sammy can i ask a question? i recently applied to be a 'sitter' i was just wondering how long it took form filling in the forms at someones house (which i've done) actually being registered with them?
    thanks

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with sitters and every one I have sat for has told me where the tea making stuff is so should'nt be a problem just remember to take your own snacks.

Kerry

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of them,will have a look.I'm babysitting tonight, I advertise being ofsted registered childminder in holiday cottages and hotels,I'm only charging £10 per hour that includes petrol I can get up to £15 in the hotels.How much do sitters pay if you don't mind me asking?
    caroline

mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caroline L View Post
    I've never heard of them,will have a look.I'm babysitting tonight, I advertise being ofsted registered childminder in holiday cottages and hotels,I'm only charging £10 per hour that includes petrol I can get up to £15 in the hotels.How much do sitters pay if you don't mind me asking?
    caroline
    its a minimum of 4 hours pay and its £25 or 6.50 an hour, but i think it varies from job to job.

I was registered within a week or 2 from my initial meeting.

Then i got 3 job offers yesterday (my first offers) and i registered about a month ago, so taken longer than expected to get any jobs.

I personally would charge more per hour, but you never know i might get a childminding job out of it, and im doing it not only to look after the child (ren) but to catch up on paperwork!!

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caroline L View Post
    caroline
    What a good idea - but I am not really near any hotels or holidays cottages. Although there is a big Marriott about a 10 minute drive from me - might email them.

Thanks for the idea!!!
    Helen

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, i'm also catching up on work!! i'm babysitting now,got connected to the internet and here I am
    The baby is fast asleep,not expected to wake up food and drink been left for me.
    The baby is sleeping in a pop up travel cot which is zipped all the way round, looks really snug but had a job finding the baby, I like to check quite a bit but it's 3 flights up so I may get a bit of exercise tonight.lol

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I'm being a bit dipsy but who are "sitters"?

I'm interested in offering babysitting services in addition to childminding when I'm registered - is this a means of getting work and is it only in certain areas?

Carole x

mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

Sitters is an agency you sign up to and parents phone them to ask for baby sitting, if they are in your area (i had a job offer that was 10 miles away) then Sitters text you and others in that area to offer the job, then first person to text back are the ones who get it.

The parents pay you direct at the end of the evening, for a minimum charge of 4 hours, (the fees differ with each job)

Last night was my first time, i got £30 and did 3 hours, the baby was asleep the whole time, and i had a dog to look after too, i felt like i was dog sitting more!! but anyway they were a lovely family, i just hope they use me next time, as its not far from where i live.
    Last edited by sammy; 26-04-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Oct 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering do you declare this in your accounts or is it just cash in hand?

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    Sitters is an agency you sign up to and parents phone them to ask for baby sitting, if they are in your area (i had a job offer that was 10 miles away) then Sitters text you and others in that area to offer the job, then first person to text back are the ones who get it.

The parents pay you direct at the end of the evening, for a minimum charge of 4 hours, (the fees differ with each job)

Last night was my first time, i got £30 and did 3 hours, the baby was asleep the whole time, and i had a dog to look after too, i felt like i was dog sitting more!! but anyway they were a lovely family, i just hope they use me next time, as its not far from where i live.
    That sounds like a good 3 hours spent
    Liz xx

mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

im not sure how it is looked at, you do get cash in hand, but at the same time i think your supposed to declare any money earnt. I like to think as its out of working hours and in my own private time and not work time that its cash in hand

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

ive just phoned headoffice they have not received anythink from the area organizer yet went to see her a month ago took her over a week to phone on refrence even though she said she was doing it that night sai for me to get back in touch with here not very good.

veronicax