'About Me' - do you tell prospecive parents about yourself in your mission statement?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 'About Me' - do you tell prospecive parents about yourself in your mission statement?

I have one child finihshing soon until next year - mum on maternity leave - plus two due to start preschool in September (both I think will still come to me but for less hours than before). I just hear today that my before schooler will be leaving me in September too so the prospective parent I have coming on Weds - the first this year - is one I'm quite keen to impress!

I'm just looking over my service statement before I print out a copy for her and I have things like what I do with the kids and my aim but no section about myself and my family. Do you all have one? I find it very awkward to write things like that and sound pompous enough in the thing as it is! (I'm not stressed )

Jan 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 'About Me' - do you tell prospecive parents about yourself in your mission statem

I do have a short paragraph about myself. A factual sentence about me, including my age, the fact I am married with two children and their ages. I have a brief sentence giving childcare experience. What is about the job that I enjoy and then finish it off with my level if qualification in child care.
    Personally when I read things like this, I like them to he short and to the point - so that's what I aim for in my information.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 'About Me' - do you tell prospecive parents about yourself in your mission statement?

In Wales we have to have a "Statement of Purposes" (Standard 1 of our standards) which must include info about us, our family, pets, qualifications, aims, activities, ratios, opening hours, special needs experience/willingness, languages spoken, contracts, complaints information. If anything changes a new copy should be sent to the CSSIW at least 30 days before any changes come into effect, if possible.

dec 92
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 'About Me' - do you tell prospecive parents about yourself in your mission statement?

I don't put down any factual details such as ages of children, names or dates (except for qualifications and when I became a CM). I give a brief outline of my past history.

This because I don't know who is actually coming to visit me and I wish to protect my family and the children in my care.