you would think being a nanny she would know the rules of payment
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

Default you would think being a nanny she would know the rules of payment

one of my parents who has a nannying job, brings her 2 little ones to me for 4 hours 1 day a week, last week she was 45mins late collecting them due to traffic, thing is that meant i had them til 7.30, which with 3 of my own was a pain (she doesnt make a habit of being late though - thank god!)

Anyway then today she asked if i could have just one of her children next week as she wants to take the other one to the cinema (she said i will pay you the same as she wont be here, im thinking - yes thats right as it would be classed as a days holiday for her so full fee,) then looking at the times she wants me to have him for an extra hour and 15 mins on top of the 4 hours.

So she thinks shes doing ME a favour as im getting paid for 2 children but only having one! and that i should do the 1 hour and 15 mins more for nothing!!

And shes a nanny!! im sure she would ask for payment for those extra hours.

I wrote it down on a piece of paper just saying how much extra it will be and how much she owes for overtime and popped it in her bag.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: you would think being a nanny she would know the rules of payment

Good on you. Probably just trying it on, she see your no fool.

mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

i must admit i was a bit worried especially when she started to read it in front of me, she nodded her head and said oh ok!

she got funny last week as i asked for a jumper and boots for spares in case it got cold when we were out, she then sent me a text to say "i felt as though you had told me off!

so im waiting for her text!!!.........

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

yep she should know better, makes you wonder what care she igves to the children she is working with.