Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter eggs!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Easter eggs!

OK, Easter is around the corner...

My eggs for the kids arrived today (I got in before the rush!)... and there is one that is a Topgear cup with an egg... no guessing which (big) kid that is for

I will do an Easter egg hunt with the kids... where they have to find wombles and eggs... and we'll make Easter cards and activities about the true meaning of Easter.

What have you planned for it and do you get your mindees eggs? Do you get their siblings eggs too?
    Jen

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Easter eggs!

I bought the mindees all an egg last year and not one parent said thank you so this year I am just playing easter egg hunt games with them, ive got a box set from B&M and some plastic eggs to hide with sweets int hem probably cost me £5 for it all, not a skin flint but thanks dont cost anything so still doin something with the kids which will be fun and they will still get a little bit of something just not a big easter egg like last year x
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Registered Childminder since
    June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    waiting
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure yet ... this is my first year as a childminder ... what do you think shell I or not?
    Kat

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought easter eggs for them all 2 years ago and wished I didnt

last year we made birds nests out of shredded wheat with mini eggs inside
    made paper baskets - easy but I bought pre=prepared ones from baker ross kiddies had great fun decorating them and putting chicks in from poundland
    followed by an easter bunny and egg hunt - poundland chocs
    kiddies had more fun doing all that than just taking an egg home

this year kiddies have already said they want a pirate treasure hunt with real clues in the park! going to ask the teenagers nextdoor to help out as I cant go to the park set it all up then go off and expect it all to be there still.
    so planning to meet the teenagers who will plot the clues and goodies 2 clues ahead of my mindees (hopefully) fingers crossed it works out well lol

April04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I do the egg hunt, easter nests and card making too. The kids never thank you for the eggs and i have a couple of parents that don't like me giving their children chocolate!

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours are bought . We bought them on offer

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought mine from Tesco along with the food shopping - 13 medium sized ones for £13

Plus, I had £17.53 off (£3.03 in promotion savings and a £14.50 code)

So my £72 food shop came to £59 and I got 13 Easter eggs in that.

Might put some clues in my garden so that everyone wins the eggs I bought without me hiding them in the garden.

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I got loads of easter things from Poundland and Home Bargains last week...easter bonnets to make, eggs to hunt, easter baskets, bunny egg cups to paint, pipe cleaners, a big Egg Hunt sign to stick in the ground, etc etc...

This is my first easter as a childminder too. I have bought small eggs for my mindees from Asda. Not getting siblings ones....just the children I look after. x

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aimiev1704 View Post
    I got loads of easter things from Poundland and Home Bargains last week...easter bonnets to make, eggs to hunt, easter baskets, bunny egg cups to paint, pipe cleaners, a big Egg Hunt sign to stick in the ground, etc etc...

This is my first easter as a childminder too. I have bought small eggs for my mindees from Asda. Not getting siblings ones....just the children I look after. x

ooh sounds like you are set up for much more fun than me, can I come and play too plz?

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huggableshelly View Post
    ooh sounds like you are set up for much more fun than me, can I come and play too plz?
    Lol, ok!! hehe. I love easter. I have always wanted to have an easter egg hunt with my own son, but we're usually visiting family, or the weather is pants and the grass is all muddy.

This is also the first year in our new house, so have a lovely garden. Not sure where i'm going to hide the eggs though.

April08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC - all 6's
    Post Thanks / Like

Im going to make Easter cards and do an easter egg hunt in the garden, make birds nest cakes as well. I was in poundland today and got 4 eggs for £3, they are smallish eggs but fine to give to mindees (in other shops are anything between £1 & £1.50) , I got HSM, Ben 10, Thomas and Barbie.

This is my 1st easter as a childminder, my little girl always got an egg from her childminder so Im following the trend.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We always have our family holiday at Easter. Since kids were young we have taken empty plastic eggs with us to Devon/Cornwall to fill for a hunt. Still do even though they are now nearly 15 and 12

Will be making few bits with mindees. Some don't usually have choc so just a little for them.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought plastic filled eggs from Home Bargins for the easter egg hunt in the garden (will have to make sure the dog is elsewhere that day).

I will get them an egg but if I buy them too early I will eat them.

I like the idea of the birds nests, how do you make those?

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

We make ours in the same way as chocolate Krispies but using broken up shredded wheat instead x

Should have added that you make a hole in the middle with a spoon so its 'nest shaped' and then add chocolate mini eggs to them!

So cute!
    Last edited by Minstrel; 10-03-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: EGGS!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    We make ours in the same way as chocolate Krispies but using broken up shredded wheat instead x
    Oh I love that idea - how clever!

You all sound like you're having fun with your mindees at Easter - how about we take it in turns and pop round to eachothers home for all these exciting egg hunts??? (No, no liquer chocs ladies )
    Jen

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy all of mine eggs, but not massive ones. I usuall y get whichever ones are on offer

My lot won't be here on easter hols so I do it all before

Post Thanks / Like

I've always bought Easter eggs for the mindees but am not sure whether to this year - like Little Miss Sparkles, thanks were a bit thin on the ground last year.

We will have an Easter party though and some other craft activities so might just leave it at that this year.

Oh no, feeling mean already

Miffy xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Poundland have some lovely sets to make four foam Easter Cards with egg, bunny, chick shapes, pipe cleaners for ears, googly eyes, etc.

April08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC - all 6's
    Post Thanks / Like

with the easter nest eggs Im going to buy a pack of the little chicks that poundland have and pop them in the middle of the cake (then i can eat the mini eggs )

Post Thanks / Like

I have always bought my mindees Easter eggs and have found that the little preschoolers are thrilled and their parents very appreciative. I only have one sibling after school now but last year when I had quite a few I found them not only to not utter a word of thanks or their parents come to that but some had actually said that their parents said I will be buying them one so were waiting and expecting it!
    If I had been more ready for it I should have said something like we will be making collage Easter eggs this year due to my healthy eating policy guidelines!!!!
    Then scoffed the lot myself!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast