NCMA Board Members
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pipsqueak Guest

Default NCMA Board Members

NCMA have vacancies for "ordinaries" to join them...

C'mon someone from here... Sarah, Angel, Pauline I think someone from here would be very well qualified..

Apply (see NCMA website for full details)
    NCMA needs you!

If you have knowledge of home-based childcare and/or other skills and experience, you could be just the person NCMA needs to join its Board.

NCMA’s Board governs the Association and oversees its work. It is made up of a group of volunteers who together have a range of different expertise including home-based childcare, finance, marketing and human resources.

With three vacancies to fill – two of which are for individuals who have home-based childcare expertise – NCMA is keen to hear from anyone who feels they have the time to take on this important and exciting role. The Board is particularly keen to hear from individuals who can bring a Welsh perspective to its work.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NCMA Board Members

I agree with Vik the mods and Paline would be great ambassadors for childminders everywhere, and so would Dee and Janet xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha

I do not think they would like me - I would speak up for real childminders everywhere and I do not think that is what they would want

Sounds interesting though

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    I agree with Vik the mods and Paline would be great ambassadors for childminders everywhere, and so would Dee and Janet xxx
    Thanks for the recommendation Susan

But I have more than enough on my plate as it is.....don't think i can take on anymore
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Hahaha

I do not think they would like me - I would speak up for real childminders everywhere and I do not think that is what they would want

Sounds interesting though

Angel xx
    Thats EXACTLY what is required Angel - at least on our behalfs....

You have our backing

Post Thanks / Like

Where does it say about it Vik ?

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeb66 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation Susan

But I have more than enough on my plate as it is.....don't think i can take on anymore

Your Welcome but I know you have enough on I wouldnt have time either ( or the experience but cettainly the gob ....LOL )

xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    Your Welcome but I know you have enough on I wouldnt have time either ( or the experience but cettainly the gob ....LOL )

xxx
    trust me....I have got the gob ....just not the time!
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Pipsqueak Guest

The full blurb -
    http://www.*************/#5569X0

NCMA needs you!

If you have knowledge of home-based childcare and/or other skills and experience, you could be just the person NCMA needs to join its Board.

NCMA’s Board governs the Association and oversees its work. It is made up of a group of volunteers who together have a range of different expertise including home-based childcare, finance, marketing and human resources.

With three vacancies to fill – two of which are for individuals who have home-based childcare expertise – NCMA is keen to hear from anyone who feels they have the time to take on this important and exciting role. The Board is particularly keen to hear from individuals who can bring a Welsh perspective to its work.

Whatever your experience, if you feel you have something to bring this role, we would love to hear from you. And please don’t be put off by the application process … a member of NCMA staff is available to offer telephone advice and support on both preparing your CV and covering letter and, if you are shortlisted, on preparing for the interview itself.

You can read about the what's expected of Board members, the work they do and the application process in an article here.

You can also read more about the Board online.

If you are interested, or just want to find out a bit more, you can arrange an informal discussion about the role with Susanna Dawson, NCMA's Chair, by contacting Kate Barber. Kate can also send you an application pack and arrange advice and support on preparing your CV and covering letter.

You can contact Kate at patoce@************* or by writing to her at Chief Executive’s Office, National Childminding Association, Royal Court, 81 Tweedy Road, Bromley, Kent BR1 1TG.

The closing date for applications is 7 April 2008. Every applicant will be informed of whether or not they have been shortlisted for interview no later than 14 April 2008.

Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview at NCMA’s office in Bromley, Kent on either Saturday 17 or Saturday 31 May 2008. Candidates can claim reasonable travel and subsistence expenses for attending interviews.

If you think you might be interested in being a trustee, take that first step and contact Kate Barber to arrange an informal chat with Susanna Dawson. They would love to hear from you.

Pipsqueak Guest

If you go to the blurb on NCMA website it gives you "click here" to read about the role etc.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gosh Vik thank you for thinking of me... I am honoured! I have been invited from another source as well!

Sadly I'm not and don't intend to be an NCMA member so I don't think I would be accepted...

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnev707 View Post
    Sadly I'm not and don't intend to be an NCMA member so I don't think I would be accepted...
    but if it doesn't say you have to be an NCMA member then you should do it or does it specify the HB child carers have to be NCMA members (can they do that as it is discrimination)
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Pipsqueak Guest

Very true BB