Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Nursery

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nursery

So sorry for all these questions but my mind is going mental right now!

If you have a child that goes to Nursery and you drop off and collect, do you do a letter for the parents to give the Nursery or do I need to meet the Teacher?

Thanks, I dont know what I would do without this website

Bex - Littlefriendschildminding

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nursery

I ask the parent to do a school pickup with me then introduce me to the teacher but this isnt always possible.

it is the parents responsibilty to inform the school that someone else will be collecting their child, parents need to phone and offer a description and name or go in and tell them face to face.

I do not think you could go and pick a child up with a letter in your hand signed off a parent, I know if someone turned up to my home to pick up a child with a signed letter I wouldnt accept it unless a parent has called me to let me know themselves.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bex1 View Post
    If you have a child that goes to Nursery and you drop off and collect, do you do a letter for the parents to give the Nursery or do I need to meet the Teacher?
    Do you mean for working with the other setting to follow the Eyfs requirements?

If so then yes, you would need to put together a letter saying that you are the childminder and you would like to speak to them about teh child's learning journey and working together for Eyfs. get parents to sign it to show they are happy with the arrangement and explain to them why it is so important that everyone works together.

Hope I'm answering the right question

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, yes that is what I meant, sorry I am confusing everyone as well as myself!

So in the letter to the teacher I say that I am childminding the little girl and that I would like to discuss her learning journey through the EYFS so that occassional chats before/after Nursery would be nice? Does that make sense, what do you all say?

Thank you
    one confused childminder!

Bex - Littlefriendschildminding