Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Activities for a 12 yr old girl!!

Hello everyone,

I have a lady coming to see me tomorrow about looking after her 12 year old just in the school holidays. I have only been registered a couple a months and have really focussed on resources for under 8's, so if she asks me what i have to occupy her daughter with whilst shes here, im a bit stuck what to say (apart from the obvious computer, board games, crafts, baking, trips to park etc) its been a long time since i was 12 (!!) and i have no idea what 12 year olds are into nowadays!! Obviously i will ask what she is into, but i want to at least look like i know what im doing

Please help - many thanks!

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Activities for a 12 yr old girl!!

she will like to help with the little ones and they also go on msm alot thats what mine did a few yrs ago but it could of changed

LOOPYLISA Guest

My dd is 11, she loves arts and crafts, ds, wii, ipod, laptop, cooking, loves looking after smaller children, they just like to 'help' hth x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Also ask the mum what her daughter would like to be doing, as you will probably find that its things that you have already mentioned.

Good luck x

Katickles

amirose Guest

My half sister is 12 and its a breeze having her here in the school holidays, they are more of a help than a hindrance!!!

Megan likes going on the laptop, arts and crafts (this a biggy for her - she loves the arts and crafts kits you get from the £1 shop - door hangers etc), music, reading jacqueline wilson books , going on the nintendo wii, board games, cooking, TV, films

One thing I would say is plan at least one big thing a day to break it up for her, swimming, walk round the local park, picnic etc

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

my 11 year old mindee loves to read and organise puppet shows. He is a big help with the littles ones often reads to them too and helps with board games, he likes to be treated as my helper more like an adult than a child.

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou very much for your replies - iv got a list ready in my head