quick question-mum waiting for reply-about if we take annual leave at same time
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

Default quick question-mum waiting for reply-about if we take annual leave at same time

ive booked a weeks holiday in April, and the parent asked what the rules are if we took it annual leave the same time. Now i get paid full pay if she is off, and half pay if i am off.

So if ive booked the time off first then she decides to have time off then should i charge half pay, so that its still mt holiday?

Or do i charge her full pay as i was hoping on 4 full weeks paid holiday a year?

A bit cheeky if i did that, but wasnt sure on what to do, im thinking whoever asks first then gets charged accordingly?

may 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: quick question-mum waiting for reply-about if we take annual leave at same time

Not sure if this will help, but I take 5 weeks per year and charge half for when I am on leave. If a parent takes it at a time other than when I am on leave they pay me full. Just like you really. Quite often, parents do take hols at same time as me and in those cases I charge half. Sorry! Hope this helps.
    Louise.xx

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: quick question-mum waiting for reply-about if we take annual leave at same time

i don't know cos i charge full fees for both (4 week limit on my paid time off tho)
    IS BACK

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd split the difference.
    Last edited by Blaze; 20-02-2009 at 12:11 PM.
    Blaze x

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont charge at all for when I'm off including my annual holiday, my fees are set to take this into account. Its then up to the parents to take there leave when I do. If they dont bring there children when I'm working they then have to pay full. This works well for me, but everyone's different.

HTH
    Helen xXx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

In your situation I wouldn't.

I charge full fee's for their holiday and zero for mine.

The reason I charge them for their holiday's is that my services are still available and their holidau is their choice.

So if I booked my holiday and they then went away at the same time I actually think that is common sense on their part and wouldn't expect them to pay as I had withdrawn my services.

Hope that makes sense and helps
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

ive never thought on splitting the difference, but i suppose it would make it fair as then in the long run i wouldnt lose out (i would prefer to have some full time paid time off - i deserve it hes hard work)

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeb66 View Post
    Hi

The reason I charge them for their holiday's is that my services are still available and their holidau is their choice.

So if I booked my holiday and they then went away at the same time I actually think that is common sense on their part and wouldn't expect them to pay as I had withdrawn my services.

Ditto x x
    Katickles

June 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I try to get out of my parent when there holidays are then if I am off at the same time I don't mention it to them.

One little boy is off for two weeks end of May. I did tell the parent before before she told me she was off that I was booking a weekend away so may be unable to have her boy on the Friday when she told me she was off and then my £9.50 holiday came through. She asked me if I knew what weekend I was going away and I just said 'oh no we didn't get anything after all!!!'.
    Jules

April08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I do the same as Dee.

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

i agree with deeb66
    One life live it

july 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    very good
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont charge when im off on holiday, so if parents take time off at the same time they are gaining my not having to pay at another time when im still available but they are on holiday
    karen

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not charge for my hols as parents have to either take time off too or seek for alternative care which is usually another childminder as we try and cover eachothers hols.

I charge parents half fee's for their hols but most are termtime only so doesnt really effect them.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

wea re going to turkey on the same dates Dee xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissSparkles View Post
    wea re going to turkey on the same dates Dee xxx
    Oohh sounds like you are going to have a fab time

Bet you can't wait.....I know I can't
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Snap

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

If I'm not available to work, then I don't charge. In your case, I would charge the half fee.
    Otherwise, if the parent was paying full fee cos it was thier holiday, what would happen if something went wrong and they didnt go? They would probably expect you to be avaialbe to work, as you had not booked it as holiday.
    Better to be safe than sorry, I would say.

June 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If they put their holiday dates in first then I would definitely charge, if I then choose to take my holiday at the same time as them tough they still pay.
    Jules

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

If you've already book a week off then what she does with her week is irrelavant when it comes to charging.

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jules12Wed View Post
    If they put their holiday dates in first then I would definitely charge, if I then choose to take my holiday at the same time as them tough they still pay.

Sneaky, but yes I would do that too
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast