does anyone have a toyota lucida???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jumpinjen Guest

Default does anyone have a toyota lucida???

Hi,
    I need an 8 seater car to safely transport my mindees around along with my own children and am looking at a toyota lucida... the seats look a bit wierd on the back row though.... has anyone got one or used on, and how do the seats work.. do they all have belts and are they lap belts or full belts??

Thank you!!

Registered Childminder since
    june 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: does anyone have a toyota lucida???

yes i have one, how do you mean back seats look weird? if you have all seats facing forward only the 2 middle seats have lap belts, if seats are facing each other all the front row have lap belts.

i also find it uses alot of fuel

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have one we use for the business. It's brilliant because we can get 6 children in the back, plus bags, buggy, shopping etc.

It is a bit heavy on fuel but that's because it's a big engine I suppose. We only go quite slowly (safe but slow if you know what I mean) and we find that helps with consumption.

The seats are great - I just make sure the little ones have the main belts and older ones have lap belts on their boosters. I have the front row turned round because it gives my teens more leg room - they are fine that way.

We had insurance with Liverpool Victoria the first year and they were very competitive. They put their price sky high this year so we went with Morton Michel and they were great, no problems about it being an import.

A couple of the local garages won't do work on it and if your clutch goes it's very expensive cos the engine has to come out so make sure the clutch is either solid (not shaking) or has been replaced recently.

Apart from that we are delighted with it and would buy one again.

Lots of support here - http://www.estimaowners.com/

Hth

jumpinjen Guest

Hi,

thanks for your replies,

by wierd, I mean that they look as if they lean very far back on the back row particularly so I wondered whether you could safely fit a car seat in or ift hey can be set at a more upright angle!!

I will check out the estima owners sit thanks!!

I got some good guidance on what to look for and check out on the inspection from ebay reviews as well!

Jenni