Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CRB checks - not for minders?

Hi - not sure I have posted in the right section but here goes:

If you have guests (my Mum for instance) visit for a few days do you need to get a crb check done on them, if you have children being minded during that time? If so do you know how I go about doing so?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks
    Kel

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: CRB checks - not for minders?

For anyone over the age of 16 who is visiting the setting for more than (I think its 2 weeks) then you are supposed to get CRBs done (I had my mum here for nearly 5wks and didn't do this naughty me eh?).

When you have visitors you have to make sure that you don't leave the children alone with them and your visitors cannot do things like take children to the toilet, change nappies etc...

You should also let your mindees parents know who is coming, how long for. Make introductions if and when possible.

Also let your guests know your setup and do's and don'ts as much to protect them, yourself and children.

Post Thanks / Like

That is correct

Vik you did not do it when your mom came - but do you know anyone that actually does do it ? Nope

Imagine by the time they have done all the paper work who ever was staying with you would have long gone back home anyway haha

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats great cheers guys - of course I know my parents and would not invite them if I suspected they could not be trusted.

Thats a relief ;D
    Kel