on maternity leave and registering
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default on maternity leave and registering

Sorry, I keep asking lots of questions but I have lots ...

I am currently on maternity leave till the 6th April and do not intend to go back to work. If i register now but do not take any mindee till april can i still have my maternity pay?

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: on maternity leave and registering

You should still get SMP, but if the company you work for is topping it up you will have to check with them if you have to pay it back if you don't go back to work.

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks, I only have statutory so I wouldnt have to gove anything back.

I just want to register to get up and running for when I need to work and give notice accordingly.

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as you aren't working and therefore getting an income you will be fine.

I think there are a few on here that are on ML and registering.

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done exactly the same. While I've been on mat leave, I've been training but now am registered I'm still on mat leave until May but have started advertising now and hopefully, will have something lined up for when my mat leave ends!

Good luck with it all x

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i start my maternity leave next month and am due in may, im registered but havent yet started minding, i was informed that as long as i dont start taking money from minding it wont affect my maternity pay but i need to give 4 weeks notice if i wish to end my leave early and finish my job, the problem im having is i do get some extra from them in the 1st 6 weeks and cant ask about if i have to pay it back without them knowing i intend to leave

charlotte x

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mummyroysof2 View Post
    i start my maternity leave next month and am due in may, im registered but havent yet started minding, i was informed that as long as i dont start taking money from minding it wont affect my maternity pay but i need to give 4 weeks notice if i wish to end my leave early and finish my job, the problem im having is i do get some extra from them in the 1st 6 weeks and cant ask about if i have to pay it back without them knowing i intend to leave

charlotte x
    Dont you have an HR document stating this?

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mummyroysof2 View Post

charlotte x
    Just ask them, does it matter if they think you are weighing up the options?

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

im going to wait till nearer the time of going back though before i ask im not due back till november so will go to see them before that, although i think it would only be less than £100 so im not too fussed if i have too, im also considering asking to take a career/lifestyle break incase the minding doesnt work out so will have to ask about that too lol

charlotte x