Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Busy week

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Busy week

Not been on much as my internet on my laptop has been useless, but touch wood i have reset the hub and it seems ok for now!!!

I had a new lo start this week and i am also helping my neighbour out as her cm is on maternity, i have also had a new set of parents visit, looking for care from Sept which would be fab as i have a child going to school, i also got a confirmation of a child needing fulltime from 2nd march which means i can give notice to my nightmare biter with the mum who thinks its funny!!!

I have never giving notice and thought i would feel bad but after the last week and not getting anything done on monday, tuesday and wed because i was having to keep such a close eye on biter i really feel like its for the best for not just me but the other 2 i look after

Now just need to think of a way of writing notice

susan

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Busy week

Crikey! That's a busy week.

You don't need to give a reason for terminating... just say you have had a change of circumstances.

Good luck with it all x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Busy week

One way I've done it when I need to loose someone is:

Dear........
    I'm sorry to be writting to you, however, due to a change in family circumstances I am having to reorganise my childminding business and it is with regret I have to give you notice with effect from...........

As you will see I have given ....more weeks notice than stated in our contract so you have plenty of time to find alternative care. If I can be of any assistance to you in this do not hesitate to talk to me.

It has been a delight looking after your...... I will be sorry to see..... leave my care.

At least leaving on good terms you can look them in the eye and you never know when you might need their business again. They may also give you a good ref to put in the old portfolio.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 11-01-2009 at 01:21 PM.