Free Childcare
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Free Childcare

Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Childcare

This question is two layered.

Firstly - what age is it that children sart to get their nursery costs paid?

Secondly - I got a leaflet through with some other mail from Pampers I think. Anyway, it said that the costs now included childminders. Is that true? If so - how does it work???

Sx

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Free Childcare

i think the age is 3ish
    no idea about pampers youll have to let me know when you know
    One life live it

Post Thanks / Like

When will my child be eligible for a free early education place?

A child becomes eligible for a free place from 1 September, 1 January or 1 April following their third birthday

What is the minimum free early education entitlement?

All children are entitled to up to six terms of free early education before reaching statutory school age (the first term following their fifth birthday). Depending on local arrangements for admission to school many children start full time education in school reception classes before reaching compulsory school age. The free entitlement is a guarantee of a free place. It is not a voucher, nor should it be regarded as a parental subsidy.

With effect from 1 April 2006, in line with the commitments in the ten year strategy, the minimum free entitlement for three- and four-year-olds of 12.5 hours a week will be extended from 33 to 38 weeks in all settings.
    Last edited by angeldelight; 25-01-2008 at 07:59 AM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

From the term after their 3rd birthday in Cheshire...

I have no idea about what Pampers are saying but I've never heard it... tell me more...

Post Thanks / Like

Only "accredited" childminders who belong to an NCMA Children Come First approved childminding network can offer early years education sessions. To become accredited the childminder must demonstrate to the network coordinator how they meet the additional NCMA Children Come First Quality Standards relating to early years education. You can read these here.

http://www.ncmaccf.org.uk/Templates/...p?NodeID=90257

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah yes Angel... I hadn't thought from that angle... they won't let us be accredited round here!

Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard about the pampers freebie

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi - thanks for the info. One of my parents was asking!!

Im on the waiting list to join the network, but apparently they are limited by numbers. Cant imagine why they would have a numbers system though - surely they want all their childminders to be the bees knees?

Are any of you accredited? TBH Im struggling to get to grips with whats expected of us through the EYFS (I think once we have some proper guidance then things will becaome easier?), so the thought of following yet another set of rules and regulations really doesnt appeal to me at the moment!!!

Sx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Amy has apparently missed out on funding this year as you have to be 3 on or before 31st March and she was born on 1st April !!!!!!!!!!!
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    Amy has apparently missed out on funding this year as you have to be 3 on or before 31st March and she was born on 1st April !!!!!!!!!!!
    So she won't get funding then until Sept. Such a shame she misses out by one day
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Hampshire is giving their children 15 hours free education a week, this has been from last September. The children are eligible if they are 3 by headcount day of the term in which you want to make the claim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    When will my child be eligible for a free early education place?

A child becomes eligible for a free place from 1 September, 1 January or 1 April following their third birthday

What is the minimum free early education entitlement?

All children are entitled to up to six terms of free early education before reaching statutory school age (the first term following their fifth birthday). Depending on local arrangements for admission to school many children start full time education in school reception classes before reaching compulsory school age. The free entitlement is a guarantee of a free place. It is not a voucher, nor should it be regarded as a parental subsidy.

With effect from 1 April 2006, in line with the commitments in the ten year strategy, the minimum free entitlement for three- and four-year-olds of 12.5 hours a week will be extended from 33 to 38 weeks in all settings.
    Ooooh I'm glad you raised this S. I agree with everything Angel says here but what I want to know is

from September 2008 when EYFS comes in we will all be providing early years education whether we are accredited or not so................where do I get my funding from????

Miffy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Ooooh I'm glad you raised this S. I agree with everything Angel says here but what I want to know is from September 2008 when EYFS comes in we will all be providing early years education whether we are accredited or not so................where do I get my funding from????
    Miffy xx

Yes we will Miffy! And we will have no choice whatsoever in the matter... I have just included this quote in my EYFS planning book that I'm writing at the moment...

Q. Many small providers may not want to provide the EYFS. Will this affect local authority duties to provide childcare places for this age group?
    A. Providers will not have a choice about whether or not they provide the EYFS. If they are caring for children aged from birth to the 31 August following their fifth birthday, they will be required to provide the EYFS unless they are exempt.
    EYFS Local Authority briefing notes, 2007.

Funding??

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    So she won't get funding then until Sept. Such a shame she misses out by one day

I know I am gutted Kate x
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Post Thanks / Like

So sarah what are the exemptions????

Miffy xx

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Ooooh I'm glad you raised this S. I agree with everything Angel says here but what I want to know is

from September 2008 when EYFS comes in we will all be providing early years education whether we are accredited or not so................where do I get my funding from????

Miffy xx
    I saw this recently in y newsletter (seem to be getting loads at the moment, this was an issue raised, and stated mor einfo to come............................ )

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

that really is naff Susan, missing out by 1 day.

Whats a shame!

x
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx