Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Overall good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up winter warmer soup diet

Has any one heard of gymophobics..it's a ladies gym with air assisted fitness furniture to use..such as adduction,lap pull down.
    Its great i started in august and have lost 6 and a half inches, blood pressure is down (not that it was high) and i feel better my stiffness has gone.

I decided to start a diet too in the last month and have lost 8 lbs so far..
    I think as you get older and menopausable it's sooo much harder(along with an under active thyroid)

But with the big 50 next october i'm determined not to be fat and 50

Iv been doing the soup diet, in my slow cooker..chuck what you fancy in a good stock(shop bought as advised by delia)and let it cook all day( the house smells wonderful) then tuck in..but dont go mad with the bread.

I have to say its working especially on a cold day...the kids love it too.
    Debbie xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: winter warmer soup diet

Good for you I'm feeling a bit like the Michelin ( sp ? ) man again

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

soup is a great healthy option, not just to loose weight. I like to cook it all up in the slow cooker too, but I don't bother with store bought stock, if you are cooking mainly veg for a long time you are pretty much creating your own stock anyway! I do tend to put an oxo cube in there to add some flavor though.

my favourite is tomato and basil > lots of onion, carrot, tomato puree, tomatoes (of course!) fresh basil from my window box, bit of sweade, bit of leek, and any other veg I have left in the fridge. I can quite easily get the boys 5-a-day in a soup and DS1 loves it.
    ''We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.''

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Debbieanne View Post
    Has any one heard of gymophobics..it's a ladies gym with air assisted fitness furniture to use..such as adduction,lap pull down.
    Its great i started in august and have lost 6 and a half inches, blood pressure is down (not that it was high) and i feel better my stiffness has gone.

I decided to start a diet too in the last month and have lost 8 lbs so far..
    I think as you get older and menopausable it's sooo much harder(along with an under active thyroid)

But with the big 50 next october i'm determined not to be fat and 50

Iv been doing the soup diet, in my slow cooker..chuck what you fancy in a good stock(shop bought as advised by delia)and let it cook all day( the house smells wonderful) then tuck in..but dont go mad with the bread.

I have to say its working especially on a cold day...the kids love it too.
    Havent heard of it

Well done to you though

Angel xx