Absolutely gobsmacked re EYFS reply from Ofsted
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Absolutely gobsmacked re EYFS reply from Ofsted

Sorry girls don't get too excited as I am so pants at cut and paste etc BUT occasionally go on another website childminding forum and have just read a reply from Ofsted sent to a childminder concerned about the amount of paperwork caused by EYFS. (Perhaps one of the mods or someone else more computer literate may be able to copy the letter if this is allowed)
    The point of it is that Ofsted are saying EYFS is a Government initiative and are basically saying we don't need to do much more paperwork than before! It even goes as far to say that written policies and procedures are not expected or planning and observations. Perhaps they should pass this on the their Inspectors then!
    Perhaps someone with a more analytical brain than me can see something more than my simplistic view but that is the message I took from the letter.
    Oh lord don't know what to think now!
    Last edited by sarah707; 02-12-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Absolutely gobsmacked re EYFS reply from Ofsted

Here's another thread about it!

Absolutely ridiculous (in my ever so humble opinion!)

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=20936

FEB 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :0)
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted said to me on pre reg visit, " we dont expect you to do reams and reams of paper work, just do an observation and at the bottom write the next step from that and thats your planning" I was like oh right.
    Donna -Thinks you are all fab! Even if I do say so myself!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They are obviously not reading their own website... inspection reports are saying things like...

• Use systematic observations to plan relevant and motivating learning experiences for each child
    • Ensure equal focus is given to all aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum
    • Link weekly planning to the six areas of learning
    • Include input from other providers when planning activities to promote individual children's next steps in learning
    • Ensure activities are tailored to meet children's individual needs
    • Make systematic observations of individual children which are matched to the expectations of the early learning goals
    • Make systematic observations and assessments of each child's achievements and interests
    • Make systematic observations and assessments of each child's learning styles
    • Develop systems for observational assessment to include the clear identification of ongoing learning priorities
    • Develop observations of children at play to monitor and provide for their next steps planning and development across all areas of learning

If someone from Ofsted can tell me how to all that (and much, much more) without any written notes, I would be very grateful

FEB 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :0)
    Post Thanks / Like

I was worried when she said that, as I could see me getting someone else in 7 months and saying, "oh well you haven't really followed the eyfs regarding planning..... etc" and me being a poor grade! Shall stick to the people who know best.......YOU GUYS
    Donna -Thinks you are all fab! Even if I do say so myself!

Post Thanks / Like

What a contradiction! Sounds just like Ofsted as usual!!!

mar oo
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

my DO also said that i do not need any written obs or plans so i asked her to put that in writting so i could show ofsted if they were to ask .
    i have just given up trying to work out what they want an dhave decieded that if what i do is not good enough for Ofsted they can grade me unsatisfactory and i will quit as both the children and parents are more than happy with the care their children recieve
    jackie