Charges for new mindees?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charges for new mindees?

I have just had an enquiry about two brother needing minded 1, 4.

I will have them 45hrs a week, however eldest goes to nursery and lunch club which adds to a total of 17 hrs a week I wont care him but will be taking and picking him up from nursery, how do I charge for this? I thought half my hourly rate.

Also come August eldest will go to school from 9am till 3pm again how do fees work. I have read a few posts and I know everyone's charges vary. Parent has used a childminder before and as I am new to childminding I am not sure and dont want to loose these mindees.

Parent also mentioned childcare voucher !!!!do I except them, duh I don't even know what they are, I am sure you helpful lot can help me, should I except them and what do I do with them????

Thanks for any advice, I am happy I may get these mindees as I am having a really awful time with the mindees parents that I look after at the mo, I would then be able to give notice if I got these brothers. ( I am only registered to have two children).

Cheers
    Alak xx

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Charges for new mindees?

childcare vouchers are fine after initial set up

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Fistly well done on gettin the enquiry

I would charge whilst they are at play school/pre school as you are responcible for them still, but would only charge before and after school for the older child and contract them to specific times, if only term time for older child would charge 50& retainer fee for school holidays too

xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If parents have used a childminder before, I always ask them if they don't mind telling me what they have paid in the past... it gives me an idea of whether I am pitching my prices at the right level.

Vouchers are fine - lots of people claim them now as they save money - just be prepared for an initial delay in getting funds through. Once it's all set up, apart from the occasional blip, most seem to work fine.

I don't charge when a child is at school - I know some people do a retainer etc but I just aim to fill the place with a little one during the day... maybe I'm too soft, but I know a lot of my parents wouldn't be able to afford it either.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else

Good luck

Angel xx

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Im the same as susan

x
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Im also same as Susan.

Childcare vouchers-good idea to agree to accept them as they save parent money, and like has been said they are quite straight forward after initial set up. Just make it clear to parent if any probs they are liable for any late fees etc.

I have a parent who uses accor, they just transfer it into my bank by electronic voucher code. As long as they do it intime its fine, just have to remind them if i think a bank hol or something might hold it up.
    Lou xx

Feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how the chilcare voucher work do you just post them off then get paid?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deb24 View Post
    Does anyone know how the chilcare voucher work do you just post them off then get paid?
    The vouchers are done via computer ( well the ones I accept are ) parent is allocated certain amount from their wages, they then tell voucher company how much to transfer that month/week and it gets paid straight into your bank account, no actual vouchers as such.

Post Thanks / Like

hi one of my mindees has busybee which is straight forward had no probs with them just that it takes a week to clear into your account ? so you would want the voucher in advance of your payment due