Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted visit re my variance request

Hi all,

I have requested a variance to allow me to have 2 under 1's for a temporary period of 2 months (my little boy and the little girl I will be minding both turn 1 in Jan). Ofsted are coming round on Tues about this and I am getting very nervous!! What will they be looking for / what do I need to have prepared?

Thanks,
    Felicity

June 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ofsted visit re my variance request

Not altogether sure as when I applied for mine I didn't get a visit but the things I told them about included how I would manage physically (eg two highchairs, twin buggy etc) how I could provide for their emotional needs, how I would do planning etc.

Sep 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ofsted visit re my variance request

I had a vist about a variation the other week. Basically they are just looking for whether you have/or a prepared to get 2 high-chairs etc. A copy of your weekly plan would be a good idea, a list of toys/resources you have etc. The inspector also asked me lots of questions such as 'what would you do if both of the children needed feeding at the same time' etc.
    Don't worry, just remember it's all about confidence :-)