Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: help!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help!

hi all got a little boy after school his mums gone to college and the jobcentres paying me.soon i hope but thats another story. any way had to phone jobcentre over something while filling form in today. the woman asked me if - had been attending college. i said as far as i was aware yes . left it at that but when i picked lo up he played up a bit and sed his mum wasnt at college anymore and was back in the shop(where i know she used to work) a few things fell into place and i really dont think she is going in when she came for lo i had to get her to sign to confirm the hours ive done. she did and i couldnt bring myself to ask if she had been going to college. dont really want to get involved in this i know the family. the thing is the jobcentre are onto her i think so if they ring college and find out shes not going will they pay me?? i think she could get into a lot of trouble here as she basically is getting free childcare . what would you wise ones do???? i really dont feel up to telling on her but dont wanna do the work if its all gonna go pear shaped,

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help!

Ouch.

I don't know. Who is your contract with re payment side of it?

JUL 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help!

Blimey!! That's a tough one!!!! I think I would play the innocent and just tell her that you received a call from college to confirm that she is still sending child to you etc. Just bluff your way through but I would feel loyalty to her and just let her be forewarned!! Good luck!