Thread: Moving House

Registered Childminder since
    nov 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving House

Hi all,

me and hubby have 3 kids and we are slowly outgrowing our home! We have been thinking about selling ours and getting a bigger, house.

Would I still be registered when I moved, would ofsted have to come out and inspect it first before i could carry on minding?

Has anyone been through this? Advice would be great.

Thanks
    Julie

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Moving House

When I moved I informed Ofsted and they came out within a week, so quickly in fact that I hadn't emptied the boxes and they had to come again

I didn't have to go through full registrtion just a house check over
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

when i moved the care commison would not let me mind until they had come out and did all the checks again.so i would give them plently notice

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When I moved here I informed Ofsted I was moving they then sent me a form asking if everything was in place to mind, which I signed and sent back.

I got my certificate a few weeks later, so no they didn't come out and inspect this house. I had had an inspection a few months before moving though and I think that's why they didn't inspect me here.

My friend did get inspected when she moved though

Carol xx

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Moving House

Hi I have moved called ofsted and wrote them a letter with all my details ect telling them I have moved (august 08) have heard nothing since still got my old paper work .I called again as its 2 months know still haven't got my name on the local list of childminders and have no children , i'm more than a little dishearted haven't been working for 2 months know and think i may have to get a job . Any advice ? Alison

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybear View Post
    Hi I have moved called ofsted and wrote them a letter with all my details ect telling them I have moved (august 08) have heard nothing since still got my old paper work .I called again as its 2 months know still haven't got my name on the local list of childminders and have no children , i'm more than a little dishearted haven't been working for 2 months know and think i may have to get a job . Any advice ? Alison
    I've just answered on your other thread

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is some info on Bromley site
    http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policie...me_Article.doc

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i moved house 2 1/2 yrs ago ... i rang ofsted and said i was going to be moving house ... what did i need to do?

i had to write and tell them the moving date and they sent me a new certificate for the new address a few days after i moved in, along with a letter saying that if i had any concerns over the new house/safety etc, to contact them and they would be out to inspect, or, if i was happy, they were too!

so my inspector came out 2 1/2 weeks ago ... asked if any changes since my last inspection? i said, yes, i moved house 2 1/2 yrs ago! she was surpirsed they hadn't been to visit!

the only other thing was the public liability insurance. i spoke to them & ncma, and they said in that i had given them (& ofsted) my new address, i was covered, but if i wanted my insurance certificate to have my new address on, i would have to pay something like £15/20 !!!!

good luck! x

dec 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted didn't inspect me when I moved in January (I only registered in November/December). I just had to confirm that I had completed a risk assessment and they were happy to send my new certificate.