Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: so frustrating

Registered Childminder since
    june 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default so frustrating

i have a parent who regulary turns up for her daughter just as i am finishing off tea. she is contracted till 6 and she knows the kids sit down at 4.45 to eat but she continusly turns up about 4.40. i do still charge for the meal that has been prepared and its not all the time but alot of the time. i just find it disrupting to the children and myself as more often than not i am in the middle of putting the meal on plates.

i can understand her wanting to pick her child up early when she gets the chance ( shared custody with dad so she doesnt see her all the time, roughly half the week ) but it is just so frustrating, all she needs to do is phone as it takes her about half hr to get here from work. just a phone call is all i ask is that so hard

sorry for my rant

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: so frustrating

Politely but firmly tell her that she can either collect before the meal or after as it is disrupting the other children having their meals. You also cannot be leaving the children while they are eating to get this child ready/greet the parent/open the door etc.

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: so frustrating

You're being perfectly reasonable and explained it really well, now all you have to do is explain it gently and clearly to mum, surely she wont mind giving you a quick ring to say shes on her way?
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!