COnfused about paying an assistant
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default COnfused about paying an assistant

My Mam is going to be my assistant but what I dont understand is how can I pay her minumum wage which I think is £5.52 an hour when I am only charging the parents £4 an hour?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: COnfused about paying an assistant

It is because you are self employed and she isn't. If she does it self employed I think it will be okay with the IR but not Ofsted

Best to check before you start
    Debbie

June 08
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah will check coz if I am having to pay her £1.52 extra to what im getting im going to lose out!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

See this thread from the other day, I exlained all about paying assistants:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=15508

Pauline x

June 08
    Post Thanks / Like

my Mam doesnt want to do her own tax etc lol and she cant only be paid a certain amount a week due to various things which is under £116 a week x

May 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, can I just sort out the rules if you register 4 or more assistants, does it count even if they don't all work at the same time. I have one who helps during the day, and my daughter is registered, then another does the School runs so I don't have to drag everyone out. With the new ones starting School I would like another assistant to help with the school walk, she is already CRB checked for these children as she is a midday assistant. Would I need to register her, she will just be walking round two mornings a week, 10 mins at the most.
    Thanks for any advice
    Sue

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by katedobinson View Post
    yeah will check coz if I am having to pay her £1.52 extra to what im getting im going to lose out!
    This is £4 per child ( i assume) and your mum would be paid per hour £5.52. Assuming you would have more than one child if you are working with an assistant then you wouldnt be making a loss.

Even if you had 3 children thats £12 an hour and i'm sure you would be registered for even more than that.

Hope you get some answers!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    This is £4 per child ( i assume) and your mum would be paid per hour £5.52. Assuming you would have more than one child if you are working with an assistant then you wouldnt be making a loss.

Even if you had 3 children thats £12 an hour and i'm sure you would be registered for even more than that.

Hope you get some answers!
    Exactly what I was thinking... if you only had one child per day, you wouldn't be needing an assistant? So, we can assume you have more kids... so your hourly rate is higher.
    Jen

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theoldwoman View Post
    Hi, can I just sort out the rules if you register 4 or more assistants, does it count even if they don't all work at the same time. I have one who helps during the day, and my daughter is registered, then another does the School runs so I don't have to drag everyone out. With the new ones starting School I would like another assistant to help with the school walk, she is already CRB checked for these children as she is a midday assistant. Would I need to register her, she will just be walking round two mornings a week, 10 mins at the most.
    Thanks for any advice
    Sue
    As far as I am aware, but I would double check if I were you) it is only the number working at the same time that count. So if there were only you and another assistant working then I don't think you would need to register as a business even though you had other assistants on other days/times.

Even thought the mid day supervisor is CRB checked with her current job you will still have to fill out a CM2 form and get her CRB checked to work with you. Don't know why a CRB can't be used for multiple jobs!
    Pauline x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    As far as I am aware, but I would double check if I were you) it is only the number working at the same time that count. So if there were only you and another assistant working then I don't think you would need to register as a business even though you had other assistants on other days/times.

Even thought the mid day supervisor is CRB checked with her current job you will still have to fill out a CM2 form and get her CRB checked to work with you. Don't know why a CRB can't be used for multiple jobs!
    If you assistants are working without you present they also need to do their 12 hour Ped First Aid
    Debbie

June 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh right I see what you mean now, we can have 6 under 5 (well 5 under 5 as I already have a 2 year old). I sent off the CM2 form yesterday and my Mam already has a fist aid certificate she did one last year for children